Low activity on this site

killer300

Not much posting going on like back in August. I guess it will pick up again in January when the really big lay offs are scheduled it hit IS NJ.

nervIS

Not much posting going on like back in August. I guess it will pick up again in January when the really big lay offs are scheduled it hit IS NJ.

Everyone is keeping quiet until after the RSU's vest. Or the changes to the health care plan has killed everyone off via heart-attacks.

brownrodster

Our big layoffs come in February. In January we're still running extra peak routes and drivers are out until 9PM everynight.

G

gimmeabreak

bring em on----early retirements, severance packages, buyouts, yada, yada, yada....you think they took down the paper and put up curtains for nothing?

bring em on----early retirements, severance packages, buyouts, yada, yada, yada....you think they took down the paper and put up curtains for nothing?
From what I have been told there won't be any "packages" when this next round of trimming comes along.
I posted earlier about consolidation and excess management being let go, so this is the latest from the rumor mill;
The U.S. will consolidate into 23 districts and 2 regions with no local staff (no HR, no IE, no friend&A, etc) all direction and planning, accountability etc will come directly from the region.
There will be a final review of all management jobs and anyone without a producing, measureable job will be let go.
No extended special assignments, no auditors for years and years and no hanging out in corporate forever.
The number being tossed around is 8000 management to trim which is about 18% management reduction.
This may be more than what will actually happen but major reductions are on the way.
No 401K, No turkey, no pay increase you know what is next!

whiskeyagogo

I did not know "peak freeze" applied to layoffs or terminations?

Good point. It does stand to reason not to freak out the masses until the peak support season is over. During August, very little got done in IS; people spent time watching the door to see who was walking out next and wondering if it was them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
IT Layoffs - July 19, 2009
There will be an announcement before the Thursday shareowners report that UPS is going to 2 domestic regions and will look to lay off or remove from the payroll 9000 employees. Why so many? No one left the company when they had all of the previous consolidations and not enough people are retiring because of the economy. Things will be done behind the scenes and no one will know what is coming until you are told you won't be employeed any more. I have been around a long time and have NEVER seen it this bad. The current leadership could care less about the employee, just their bonus and whatever it takes to make the millions for themselves.
From what I have been told there won't be any "packages" when this next round of trimming comes along.
I posted earlier about consolidation and excess management being let go, so this is the latest from the rumor mill;
The U.S. will consolidate into 23 districts and 2 regions with no local staff (no HR, no IE, no friend&A, etc) all direction and planning, accountability etc will come directly from the region.
There will be a final review of all management jobs and anyone without a producing, measureable job will be let go.
No extended special assignments, no auditors for years and years and no hanging out in corporate forever.
The number being tossed around is 8000 management to trim which is about 18% management reduction.
This may be more than what will actually happen but major reductions are on the way.
No 401K, No turkey, no pay increase you know what is next!

I see you've refined your rumor over the last 2 1/2 months and unfortunately, it is plausible.
And it was about this time last year they said 2009 would be interesting!

seagull4

The lull before the storm

I suspect something is going to occur . I know that there is concern that not enough managers have left through attrition. Time will tell.

A

an anonymous guest

Re: The lull before the storm

I suspect something is going to occur . I know that there is concern that not enough managers have left through attrition. Time will tell.

Another seagull...flies in, drops a load, and flies off. Totally irrelevant.

Go UPS!
P71

storm4

Re: The lull before the storm

I suppose there are a few in the know that don't want to ruin the holidays for those that will be hit. Have there been any announcements yet about the elimination of MIP/Options and year end bonuses? In a bad economy, we really can't expect anything different than what is happening.

We've all been through it before, but this one is nothing like what any of us have seen in the past. Seems we always thought that if we gave our last ounce of strength, we could pull through anything. Sometimes new directions are called for and this is one of those times. It is just a shame that there was no planning to retrain people to move in the direction and that so many had to be belittled and crushed when it was nothing more than the state of the economy.

My prayers go out to all, and I do mean all. A new dawn is coming. Peace!

MIPMASTER

The MIP is known and the factor is........................ .7. Just got the news from my finance contacts yesterday. The quarterly reports have been run and .7 is the number. This could be adjusted but remember, you heard it first.......1/2 bonus is here to stay but it will be 1/2 of 1/2 of 1/2 month bonus in the future. Coffee will no longer be free, bathroom visits with be $.75. Rumor is people are using phones to surf Internet and play games while on toilet. New "cheek sensors" have been installed to set off alarm if 7 minute limit is exceeded. Also, new "non hand washer" alarm in triggered if person does not wash hands after visit. These offenders are immediately posted to UPSers.com under the Flu link.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You should have a guy following you with binoculars to make sure you don't exceed 9 seconds getting in your vehicle and pulling away. That guy with the binoc's could be doing something that mattered.

A

an anonymous guest

You should have a guy following you with binoculars to make sure you don't exceed 9 seconds getting in your vehicle and pulling away. That guy with the binoc's could be doing something that mattered.

Those are exactly the people who should be applying for jobs somewhere else.

Go UPS!
P71