Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Either

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
P

pickup

I like Lowes , it has a better feel to it. If you're in home depot for more than a half an hour, you will see orange for the rest of the day .

P

pickup

However, my home depot has those self serve scanning machines. My Lowes doesn't . As a result, I can get out of the home depot before the half hour deadline.

P

pickup

I thought about it even more, Lowe's seems to have a lot more stuff, with one exception: power tools. Home Depot is king of the power tools in selection and price. Honestly, I don't remember seeing any power tools at Lowe's.

I bought an energy star efficient refrigerator at Lowe's , free delivery too. Great price. Home Depot has refrigerators, but the prices are astronomical.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lowe's is under 2 miles from my house........and Home Depot is up the freeway 15 minutes by where I used to live.
So it's Lowe's now that's our favorite.

We use Denault's for harder to find stuff.....(it's a True Value) and they have a beautiful gift section.

P

pickup

It seems all of the contractors: plumbers, sheetrock guys, etc. can be found at the home depot. I don't see those guys at Lowes. Lowes seems to be better suited for "civilians".

rod

Retired 22 years
We don't have a Lowes locally and I pretty much hate all big box stores but I did use Home Depot because they used to always give a 10% discount (even on already discounted things) if you had a VA picture ID or showed them a copy of your DD214. Now I was told they just do that on Memorial, 4th of July, Labor and Veterans Days. I have a whole list of things to buy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We don't have a Lowes locally and I pretty much hate all big box stores but I did use Home Depot because they used to always give a 10% discount (even on already discounted things) if you had a VA picture ID or showed them a copy of your DD214. Now I was told they just do that on Memorial, 4th of July, Labor and Veterans Days. I have a whole list of things to buy.
Veterans & actives get 10% off at our Lowe's.

I pointed that out not to long ago and was told it's all the time again but you must show the proper I.D., discharge papers won't do anymore.

Excuse me.

Does any one go Menards?

And you can't beat a Mills Fleet Farm.

We have both Lowe's , Menard's, and a Blaine's Farm and Fleet. Shop at all of them at one time or another. friend&friend is great at the change of shopping seasons to get the previous seasons clothing on clearance.

Never heard of them.

It's a midwest thing. When you need some electrical fence for your cows give us a call.