LU 177 "selective" Seniority.

UPS1982

So even if the one list gets voted on and passed, the company still has to agree to it. My question, what does the local give back to the company in exchange for putting this one list in place, and is that worth it? Obviously putting a one list in place will cost the company money, so their going to want something in return.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
So even if the one list gets voted on and passed, the company still has to agree to it. My question, what does the local give back to the company in exchange for putting this one list in place, and is that worth it? Obviously putting a one list in place will cost the company money, so their going to want something in return.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I didn't think it was a compAny issue.... Can't it be voted in by the local union membership???

True, no one knows if the company wants it. The word from some local management is they want this but that is just what the word is. My guess is the company wants it because two seniority lists in one local cost more money then one seniority list. It just seems easy if I was a manager. Also you could be right on if the company will ask for something in return But if the BAs were smart they would play it like they didn't want it and let the company ask for it.

No. The company has a say and they will want us to give something up.
True, no one knows if the company wants it. The word from some local management is they want this but that is just what the word is. My guess is the company wants it because two seniority lists in one local cost more money then one seniority list. It just seems easy if I was a manager. Also you could be right on if the company will ask for something in return But if the BAs were smart they would play it like they didn't want it and let the company ask for it.

rama'nfeeders

Listen Terry you made the mistake of coming into Feeders. You are a hatter of Local 177 and since you are trying to make one last splash before you retire in 2 years. So good luck with the law firm in Hackensack, NJ. Yes the company will want a boatload to go to your Reform list. Ask anyone who is a steward who's been on a negotiating member to remind you the Company always asks for the kitchen sink!!! Your ploy is a schematic ploy for you to make a name for yourself! Even if something does change the list would start in 2018 for the new feeder driver's coming in which wouldn't included the you and I. Please stop misleading the package car drivers and the new feeder driver's who recently came in because the truth is you know that this is a shot in a dark. Are you, M.J, friend.M, & P.B. going to return the money to all the driver's who gave you there hard earned money????? I didn't think so. I smell a money laundering case coming your way from the friend.B.I. Bye Bye!!!

Oh snap!!
Listen Terry you made the mistake of coming into Feeders. You are a hatter of Local 177 and since you are trying to make one last splash before you retire in 2 years. So good luck with the law firm in Hackensack, NJ. Yes the company will want a boatload to go to your Reform list. Ask anyone who is a steward who's been on a negotiating member to remind you the Company always asks for the kitchen sink!!! Your ploy is a schematic ploy for you to make a name for yourself! Even if something does change the list would start in 2018 for the new feeder driver's coming in which wouldn't included the you and I. Please stop misleading the package car drivers and the new feeder driver's who recently came in because the truth is you know that this is a shot in a dark. Are you, M.J, friend.M, & P.B. going to return the money to all the driver's who gave you there hard earned money????? I didn't think so. I smell a money laundering case coming your way from the friend.B.I. Bye Bye!!!
1) Who is Terry? 2) listen to your self. Hatters, ploys, FBI. Do you think the FBI has a special DIV. for seniority rights! Come on wake up! They don't have time for you!!

You guys are retarded. No way in hell should a package car driver with more seniority then me bump me. He passed on the job and that was his fault not mine. If he wanted feeders bad enough he should have took the job sooner. You nancy boys can't handle night life can get bent.
You knew what you were getting into when you got a union job and anything can get voted through a contract!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I worked for this outfit for 38+ years. 14 months PT, 8.5 years PC, and my last 29 in feeders. This topic came up many times over the years, especially at union meetings prior to contracts. When I was a young buck, I was all for it, because it benefited me. After my time in PC, I was #2 in my center. I could have stayed there and been comfy in the knowledge that I could pick vacations, days off, etc when I wanted. I actually passed feeders the first time it was offered. A junior man to me took it and went into feeders. That was my fault. A year passed and it came around again. I signed up for it, made it and started at the bottom. It was difficult at first, bidding on something totally different, but I took that chance. I went to the bottom of seniority. Worked the worst jobs, the worst hours for several years. That guy who went into feeders before me? He was now ahead of me in feeder seniority, and getting to pick jobs before me. I don't have a problem with that. I had 11+ years company seniority with the vacation weeks that went along with it, I just couldn't pick #2 like when I was in PC. I got stuck with what was available. That was a part of the process, and everyone who came into feeders knew that. As the years rolled by, and I climbed the seniority ladder in feeders. The all for one and one for all seniority list lost some glamour. PC is PC and Feeders is (are) feeders. Would I want a 20 year PC guy bidding into feeders and going above me, and not working nights like I did? Not just no, but hell no! I see the younger drivers' point of view, because I was there. Perspectives change. If this is voted on, you think senior drivers will vote for a 1 for all seniority list? I think not. I agree with the system that I went through.

I worked for this outfit for 38+ years. 14 months PT, 8.5 years PC, and my last 29 in feeders. This topic came up many times over the years, especially at union meetings prior to contracts. When I was a young buck, I was all for it, because it benefited me. After my time in PC, I was #2 in my center. I could have stayed there and been comfy in the knowledge that I could pick vacations, days off, etc when I wanted. I actually passed feeders the first time it was offered. A junior man to me took it and went into feeders. That was my fault. A year passed and it came around again. I signed up for it, made it and started at the bottom. It was difficult at first, bidding on something totally different, but I took that chance. I went to the bottom of seniority. Worked the worst jobs, the worst hours for several years. That guy who went into feeders before me? He was now ahead of me in feeder seniority, and getting to pick jobs before me. I don't have a problem with that. I had 11+ years company seniority with the vacation weeks that went along with it, I just couldn't pick #2 like when I was in PC. I got stuck with what was available. That was a part of the process, and everyone who came into feeders knew that. As the years rolled by, and I climbed the seniority ladder in feeders. The all for one and one for all seniority list lost some glamour. PC is PC and Feeders is (are) feeders. Would I want a 20 year PC guy bidding into feeders and going above me, and not working nights like I did? Not just no, but hell no! I see the younger drivers' point of view, because I was there. Perspectives change. If this is voted on, you think senior drivers will vote for a 1 for all seniority list? I think not. I agree with the system that I went through.
In the end if the majority wants something changed it will happen. It doesn't matter what I think or what you think. What matters is what the majority thinks! Because they are the win vote!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
In the end if the majority wants something changed it will happen. It doesn't matter what I think or what you think. What matters is what the majority thinks! Because they are the win vote!
I don't disagree with that concept. It will come down to a vote of the rank and file eventually. Your argument is made without the need for exclamation points.