LU 177 "selective" Seniority.

I don't disagree with that concept. It will come down to a vote of the rank and file eventually. Your argument is made without the need for exclamation points.
Some guys are so passionate about protecting what they have. They don't realize that driving is a privilege and not a right. If you lose your liscense for any reason (drunk driving or dot med exam fail), you should be able to carry your seniority over when you go into the building too.

oldupsman

In my hub it is cut and dried. Whatever bid you took you dovetail onto that seniority list. Package into feeder
or feeder into package. Why in the world should a guy with 20 years seniority ever be put at the bottom
of any list.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Not yet. Don't worry, it will come contract time. This will come to a vote and we will see what will happen. If it changed once before it will change again. Nothing is written in stone.. Nothing!
What makes you believe that ups will agree to this without something in return....also what do you think ups will want to agree to this?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In my hub it is cut and dried. Whatever bid you took you dovetail onto that seniority list. Package into feeder
or feeder into package. Why in the world should a guy with 20 years seniority ever be put at the bottom
of any list.
Because they left their job. Two senority lists. Never the twain shall meet.

Inthegame

of any list.
In your hub it's established as the practice and everyone knew that going in. Other locations have classification seniority where your question would be preposterous. Why should a driver with 20 years of crap weather night driving in feeders have a pkg guy with 0 days in feeders come in (and grab a day run) ahead of him/her? As said in an earlier post, changing any current practice screws somebody.

In your hub it's established as the practice and everyone knew that going in. Other locations have classification seniority where your question would be preposterous. Why should a driver with 20 years of crap weather night driving in feeders have a pkg guy with 0 days in feeders come in (and grab a day run) ahead of him/her? As said in an earlier post, changing any current practice screws somebody.
It keeps going to the same thing, if it was changed once before from 1 list to 2 lists then it will change again from 2 lists to 1 list system. The only thing better is we are not trying to change any of the bidding language that is already in the the contract. We are just say you will carry over your seniority. That's it! They should have knew what they were getting into when you got into a union. What ever the majority wants, they will get. That's how a union works! That's how a democracy works!