luggage

retired2000

with american airlines starting to charge $15 for your first suitcase on their flights looks like more lugage maybe shipped with ups. so get ready people.

tups

$15 for the first bag is still cheaper than UPS for a 25 LB suitcase. Last trip I took, Continental charged me $25 for a second bag weighing 50 lbs. UPS would have charged $40.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would choose to use UPS only if I were able to plan far enough in advance and received permission from the hotel that I was staying at to have my luggage shipped there so that it would be waiting for me upon my arrival. I would also print an RS label and arrange for pickup on the day that I left. It would be nice to go through the airport with only a carry-on bag but I would have to look at all of the options first before making that decision.

helenofcalifornia

With gas prices over $4 a gallon and airlines starting to charge for suitcases, who the heck is going to be out on the roads this summer at the vacation spots?

wannabeups

I would choose to use UPS only if I were able to plan far enough in advance and received permission from the hotel that I was staying at to have my luggage shipped there so that it would be waiting for me upon my arrival. I would also print an RS label and arrange for pickup on the day that I left. It would be nice to go through the airport with only a carry-on bag but I would have to look at all of the options first before making that decision.

That is an excellent idea.

Mike Hawk

If you UPS your luggage it won't be X-ray'd, and you won't have to wait at those retarded luggage conveyers with a bunch of people. More money and via ground more time, but if you pre plan you will save time at the airport and you can ship stuff banned at an airport.

DS

Fenderbender
With gas prices over $4 a gallon and airlines starting to charge for suitcases, who the heck is going to be out on the roads this summer at the vacation spots?
We are! gonna drive to nova scotia...but were doing it in a toyota yaris
so gas should not be a problem...much cheaper than flying and renting a car.