Lunch as a dispatch tool

Holydriver

They're cracking down with discipline here.
Not taking full meal=warning letter

Friend of mine drives in Cali, says the board locks them out for 30 minutes
How does this work? Are you driving to a stop just to get the green light and find your unable to deliver for 30 minutes then you're stuck sitting in someone's driveway for 30 minutes?

Holydriver

9.5 puts me in at 715 pm..

Didn't you know that you had to take an hour for lunch before you took the job?
Yea, knowing UPS timecode law is natural instinct. Even if it wasn't, it is the most popular talking point of everyone's day. Who the hell knows what is and isn't required of a UPS driver, man? Come on

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
How does this work? Are you driving to a stop just to get the green light and find your unable to deliver for 30 minutes then you're stuck sitting in someone's driveway for 30 minutes?
There's no green light or anything. You just have to have a 30 minute period where you haven't done any stops or pickups. You choose when. It's supposed to be between the 4th and 5th hour but they've been pretty lax about when you take it. I usually take it as soon as I'm done with my businesses. On light days it could be after 3 hours, on heavy days it might be after 5 hours.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I can't believe there are centers that monitor lunch breaks and make sure drivers are not working through them. My ocs cant stand the fact that i take my required hour. The part he doesnt like is that I actually stop working for a full hour. He talks some of the new guys into skipping theirs to boost production numbers which causes a full out chair humping orgasm for the ocs. It's like crack to him.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
1024px-ALE-BOS-Logo.svg.png

Only gonna happen if big poppy carries them. On his last at bats. Betts is to young.

Holydriver

no son, I take my full hour, every day.... try it
you said in CA the diad will lock you out so you cant perform work. does the diad need you to input a start time for meal before it locks you out, or does the diad lock you out at a given time each day. please father, i beg your wisdom and incite into this matter

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
you said in CA the diad will lock you out so you cant perform work. does the diad need you to input a start time for meal before it locks you out, or does the diad lock you out at a given time each day. please father, i beg your wisdom and incite into this matter
Looks like once you decide to start lunch, you're locked in. Obviously you can't force a driver to stop exactly at a certain time.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm from the south where diapatch is plagued by people who skip their hour lunch. You just got to remain stubborn and let them know around 12 missed businesses not going to finish late savers. Will contact after my hour lunch. That's my favorite part of the day I won't skip it.

wayfair

swollen member

my insight comes from a friend of mine in Cali.

I believe you have to put the time stamp in yourself

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
You input a start time and then it locks you out. So you could even input a time 29 minutes ago and as long as you haven't done stops in those 29 minutes it'll start lunch but only lock you out for a minute. After that minute it signals you that lunch is over.

542thruNthru

I'm in cali. This is what it looks like. As soon as you start your lunch it goes to this screen. We get two 15 min paid breaks and a 30 min unpaid lunch. It really surprised me when I found out not everyone's diad does this across the country.

1458855321704-881492036.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm in cali. This is what it looks like. As soon as you start your lunch it goes to this screen. We get two 15 min paid breaks and a 30 min unpaid lunch. It really surprised me when I found out not everyone's diad does this across the country.
I'm always surprised to hear about people's paid breaks.
What's that add up to about $3000 a year for sitting on your bum?
Sucks to be in right to work dirty south. Where's the union on that....