lunch break question?

pberrioz

Ok say im a xmas casual driver, i been working my lunch to try and get paid under. Anyhow, do i have to take a lunch if say if im not working any more then eight hours? I mean its like say i got an eight hour day but i take a lunch for my 7-8th hour, then im only getting paid for 7? Thoughts, Thank you

guinness413

what do you mean you have been working your lunch to try to get paid under?...do you skip your lunch? how much do you make an hour?..i dont know about you,but i work too hard to give away over 30 dollars a day..

pberrioz

what do you mean you have been working your lunch to try to get paid under?...do you skip your lunch? how much do you make an hour?..i dont know about you,but i work too hard to give away over 30 dollars a day..

Like i said Im just a seasonal hire, so i work my lunches. I only make about half what you make, if i was fulltime in the union i could care less. So basically i punch my lunch time into my diad, but i keep working.

UPSGUY72

Don't worry about you being over allowed those numbers are made up. Take you full lunch if you run your lunch your just screwing yourself and give the company an hour of unpaid work. Which is exactly what they want.

themidnightoil

Like i said Im just a seasonal hire, so i work my lunches. I only make about half what you make, if i was fulltime in the union i could care less. So basically i punch my lunch time into my diad, but i keep working.

if you are working through your lunch then you are working for free!!! in one weeks time your are giving UPS 5 free hours of work. 5 hours times $15 is $75 straight time let alone what overtime you are missing out on. Merry X-Mas!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you are just a seasonal hire why do you care if your over allowed or under...have they said anything about your numbers...like others have said they are a frickin harassament tool nothing more...

Omega man

You are new, so I'll go easy. Who told you that you had to work through your lunch?
Don't victimize yourself by believing that working for free will get you a permanent job. It won't.
Try to understand that dishonesty results in discharge. Take your lunch and record it properly in your DIAD.
A midday break is necessary safety element of your workday.

Y

probellringer

thats awesome...you should also come in early to setup your load,pee in a bottle -to save bathroom breaks ,,,the handtruck also slows you down,,and keep the bulkhead door open-so you dont lock your keys in back...keep packages in cab saves time...hope this helps you get an extra 50 stops-you'll get it done...enjoy!

cooper

Definetly do not wokr thorugh you lunch or breaks - take them then get paid overtime - its safer to take your breaks and work at a steady pace then it is to rush the whole day looking for ways to make your numbers look good.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
just run through your day and if you have to take a break to rest, take it as part of your lunch then keep moving

then when you're all done, take the rest of your lunch

fair, not falsifying anything, getting paid your due, maximum flexibility if you decided you'd rather donate to the company or just make 9.5

just the observation of an OMS who's seen one too many ODSe screen..

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
You work through your lunches? Well you are causeing the route to appear to run faster then it truly is and screwing other drivers that will run it after you that would like to take the lunch. What your doing is part of the reason routes have bad time allowance and drivers are running ragged to hit the numbers you helped screw up.

Take your lunch. Nothing else needs to be said. You doing this goes against our right by law to have one and it could cause another driver to skip SAFE METHODES to try to match the numbers you help create, UNDERSTAND.

Paid under is a bad concept.

rod

Retired 22 years
Let me guess----they told you if you bust your butt and make the numbers there is a chance they will keep you on after peak. Thats the oldest trick in the book to get the newbies to skip their breaks. Just do the job safely-take your earned breaks and see the job the way it really is----a temporary job to make a few bucks.

Indecisi0n

This isn't as clear cut as it might look guys. I agree he shouldn't work on his lunch but you guys already have a full time job. Does management lie and say "if you do good you will get hire?" Of course they do. The fact is the guy that stands out the most will get hired (as long at 6-1 ratio is met). As a casual i try not to work through my lunch but i do sort on my lunch. Having the truck sorted will save you a lot of time later on.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This isn't as clear cut as it might look guys. I agree he shouldn't work on his lunch but you guys already have a full time job. Does management lie and say "if you do good you will get hire?" Of course they do. The fact is the guy that stands out the most will get hired (as long at 6-1 ratio is met). As a casual i try not to work through my lunch but i do sort on my lunch. Having the truck sorted will save you a lot of time later on.
That's working through your lunch.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Keep giving em free work....but I'm sure there are thousands of drivers who do this daily....

Integrity

Binge Poster
pberrioz,

Please do not work through your lunch.

You need the money more than your employer does.

It is wrong to put down you are taking a lunch and working through it.

Sincerely,
I

brown_trousers

pberrioz,

Please do not work through your lunch.

You need the money more than your employer does.

It is wrong to put down you are taking a lunch and working through it.

Sincerely,
I

This is the time of year which I do work through some of my lunches, sometimes unpaid too. Time spent with family around the holidays is worth WAY MORE than an extra $30-$45. If I can get home an hour early around the holidays to spend time with the family (before they all go to sleep) I am a much happier man, compared to seeing a little extra money in my paycheck.