Lunch Issue

browniehound

...anf if it's not a holiday, you have just falsified a DIAD entry. I'm surprised to hear that from you, Upstate.

I used CLO H on non-holidays if the business is on vactation or they left a day before the holiday. If July 4th is on a wednseday I would use CLO H for thursday and friday for example. I didn't think this was falsifying delivery records.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...anf if it's not a holiday, you have just falsified a DIAD entry. I'm surprised to hear that from you, Upstate.

I should have clarified this better. I agree that this should never be used for a business that is not closed. We have been instructed to use CLO-H for a business that is a known closure that is loaded on the car. I have several businesses that are known closures that I asked be loaded because there have been times when someone has been there or I have been able to get rid of the pkgs. Otherwise, they are CLO-H (per my center manager), service cross and pull the PAL in case the pkg is PALed to a different location the next day.

We have had this discussion before and it has led to a heated debate between myself and New Englander.

over9five

Staff member
I used CLO H on non-holidays if the business is on vactation or they left a day before the holiday. If July 4th is on a wednseday I would use CLO H for thursday and friday for example. I didn't think this was falsifying delivery records.

We've been directed to use Clo H on either side of a holiday too.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Your not giving me enough info to comment on this, and you know it, you probably can't or should not!!
At this time its to premature to debate this termination before the panel hears the case, what i can tell you is that management has it in their gut for this 18 year employee. I have already went over the case with our attorney and he really likes it for arbitration.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I am one of the drivers that started taking my one hour lunch right at 13:30 to 14:30. In doing so i have 25 plus business stops left and another 60 residentials and pick-ups start at 14:55. Two weeks of calling in and asking what todays priority would be, missed business or missed pick ups, they have taken 3 big pickups off of me. They had to redo the whole loops pick up logs and it affected 8 or 9 drivers.

I can tell you that my body feels so refreshed even at the end of a 10 or 11 hour day. Days when i work with no lunch i can barely move when i got home, not anymore.

Next time you use clo-holiday just look and see if you got credit for that stop.

It is sad that that most of the country is 10-20 years behind in the lunch issue. Lunch should never be an issue and If you can't take it between the correct times you should find another job.

over9five

Staff member
It is sad that that most of the country is 10-20 years behind in the lunch issue. Lunch should never be an issue and If you can't take it between the correct times you should find another job.

And if your boss can't fix it so you can take it at the correct time, he should find another job.

And if your boss can't fix it so you can take it at the correct time, he should find another job.

It takes the cooperation of the company and the union to apply the progressive discipline it takes to fix it. Up to and including termination. Negotiate in your supplement to have the lunch software in your diad. It's black and white, you take you lunch the right way or you start walking out the door.

over9five

Staff member
It takes the cooperation of the company and the union to apply the progressive discipline it takes to fix it. Up to and including termination.

I'm assuming you mean termination of the manager, too, if he doesn't co-operate?

705red

Browncafe Steward
89 likes to throw digs at everyone elses contract because he believes his is better. 89 is there any website we can check to look over your supplement?

I'm assuming you mean termination of the manager, too, if he doesn't co-operate?

No, termination of the employee who is not complying. A driver has little responsiblity, holding them responsible to take a proper lunch is grade school stuff.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Oh 89 i think starbucks has poisioned that mind of yours! In your eyes the employee is always wrong, and you are the king of swing drivers! How many routes are you up to now? 1500?

89 likes to throw digs at everyone elses contract because he believes his is better. 89 is there any website we can check to look over your supplement?

I don't know my current JC, I only know the one I worked under for 10 years before my transfer. In fact I was recently told I only get one 15 minute brake now, after almost 3 years, instead of 2 ten minute brakes. You can look them up if you like: Western Conference and JC28

Oh 89 i think starbucks has poisioned that mind of yours! In your eyes the employee is always wrong, and you are the king of swing drivers! How many routes are you up to now? 1500?

Seattle has fixed any lunch issue about 5 years ago.

Bloodybrown

At this time its to premature to debate this termination before the panel hears the case, what i can tell you is that management has it in their gut for this 18 year employee. I have already went over the case with our attorney and he really likes it for arbitration.

I agree someone has his gut in it. I would still try to work it out if possible, you never know what can happen with arbitration.

Bloodybrown

There is no known agreement between the Local and UPS. You would think that their inside AM leave building time would be horrible?

Your right, it would be. I don't agree with doing it that way. I believe people need a break and or breaks during the course of a day to stay on top of their game.

177member

It always comes down to selfishness for those who think that they can break the contract. UPS doesn't force you to follow our contract regarding lunch because it is to their benefit if you don't. Why not just do the right thing? Are you special? We have an agreement and you are required to follow it. It is NOT your choice. TAKE YOUR LUNCH WHEN YOUR CONTRACT SPECIFIES YOU TO! NO EXCEPTION. You are not only hurting yourself but others in your center that may want bid routes. Stop being part of the problem.

New Englander

I should have clarified this better. I agree that this should never be used for a business that is not closed. We have been instructed to use CLO-H for a business that is a known closure that is loaded on the car. I have several businesses that are known closures that I asked be loaded because there have been times when someone has been there or I have been able to get rid of the pkgs. Otherwise, they are CLO-H (per my center manager), service cross and pull the PAL in case the pkg is PALed to a different location the next day.

We have had this discussion before and it has led to a heated debate between myself and New Englander.

Don't worry we beat it to death.....I thought :)