Lunch Prep

satellitedriver

I cook on Sundays, in preparation for the week.
Casseroles, spaghetti, roast and rice ect....
I precook 5 sausage paddies and ziplock bag them .
I microwave one, while I fry an egg and toast some bread.
Instant,(almost) breakfast sandwich.
I premix, on Sunday, a brew of Gatorade powder, Spark and a dash of cherry cool-aid and store them in 1 Quart Ozark Trail drink containers.
One for each day of the week. I do the same with 5 quarts of sweet tea.
My wife packs my lunch each morning and it is like opening a present. Never know what is gonna be in the lunch cooler.
The only exception is Friday.
As a fallen Catholic, my wife only packs a single tuna fish for me and calls it a reminder.
I live a repetitive,mundane life and I find comfort in it.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I mention "I'm single" just because the single people in our building never bring anything for lunch, while us married guys have a routine of always carrying our cooler/lunchbox with morning newspaper.

As for me, I seem to have more liquids than solids in my L-box. A decent breakfast for me and I don't feel so bad if I had to skip lunch.

Sat-
I wish I had that kind of discipline to pre-cook for the whole week. Home cooked tastes way better than fast food (stole that line from Wendy's commercial).

Bad Gas!

I eat at home everyday...I do take two bottled waters and 2 diet cokes and maybe a couple of plums...I usually get a couple at 9:15 at the local Quick Trip(gas station)...So I spend a dollar a day...not counting groceries that I eat at home....P.S..The wife doesn't like nooners:(

7am 6 egg white 4 slice of turkey bacon followed by a bowl of oatmeal ,10am protein shake ,12noon turkey sand stacked high 1 slice wheat bread ,1415 protein shake and a baked potatoe , 1500 protein bar and 2 oz of almonds .verything is prep night b 4 @ home . total amount spent 0 dollars

whiskey

I'm anxious to see how many different responses we get on this one. Probably not too many. You know alot of these drivers on here probably skip their lunch. I buy lunch every day but have been telling myself I'm going to start bringing i but have yet to actually do that.
I run my lunch.

ups1990

Always made my own lunch.. not always enough though. But, what I really liked is going to Safeway (grocery chain) now and then. For a hot soup.sandwiches or hot chicken... and grab some milk. Even a whole BBQ chicken at times (bring back the leftovers home)
And I did my shopping there at the same time. (less thing to do on the weekend).
Klein, I'am inclined to ask, how do you keep the whole chicken and groceries from going bad during the day?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
7am 6 egg white 4 slice of turkey bacon followed by a bowl of oatmeal ,10am protein shake ,12noon turkey sand stacked high 1 slice wheat bread ,1415 protein shake and a baked potatoe , 1500 protein bar and 2 oz of almonds .verything is prep night b 4 @ home . total amount spent 0 dollars

thats a weightlifters diet right there!!

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
How do you get anything done? You're constantly eating. And unless you have a health food store comping you, you're spending plenty.