Lunch skippers

wayfair

swollen member
You don't tell them anything as it is none of your business. It is up to your mgt team to put an end to this falsification of records.
how do you figure it's none of my business?? I have one that covers my route and the neighboring drivers get pissed when asked to cover my drop box when he works

OPTION3

how do you figure it's none of my business?? I have one that covers my route and the neighboring drivers get pissed when asked to cover my drop box when he works
Here is what really works…File on the lunch skippers behalf…file for them to get paid for ALL hours worked….Your union will investigate time cards and lunch hours….the Company will pay the lunch skipper…then discipline him/her for falsifying records. FILE each and every time for the skipper to be paid. People like upstate want you to believe it is none of your business , but enforcement of the contract is EACH and EVERY Brothers business …Don’t believe the suck ups that subvert our union at every turn, then have the gall to criticize it for being weak. Get out from under the table dave, come up for air…don’t be afraid the UNION will protect even The gutless dirtbags like you

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
Here is what really works…File on the lunch skippers behalf…file for them to get paid for ALL hours worked….Your union will investigate time cards and lunch hours….the Company will pay the lunch skipper…then discipline him/her for falsifying records. FILE each and every time for the skipper to be paid. People like upstate want you to believe it is none of your business , but enforcement of the contract is EACH and EVERY Brothers business …Don’t believe the suck ups that subvert our union at every turn, then have the gall to criticize it for being weak. Get out from under the table dave, come up for air…don’t be afraid the UNION will protect even The gutless dirtbags like you
YES!

wayfair

swollen member
My problem is that the evening OMS does it as he is approved to do it, you know "work as directed", so if he's not approved to do it, that will sway the drivers who routinely skip, to take their friggin lunch... (don't want to cause problems for OMS as he is instructed to follow his superior)

Back first

Here's a question, how many of us take a full hour during peak? I have to admit I just took a half hour each day the few weeks up until Christmas. I had days where I had 275 stops (on a route that averages 145 the rest of the year). Didn't want to be delivering much later than 8/8:30. Once I've been around longer, I may take the full lunch.

Problem with peaks numbers, if anyone cares, is that with a helper the paid day is far harder to achieve scratch even though you're working twice as fast. The only way I got close was if the helper literally ran the stops off. Yet UPS says not too run and they come up with an unattainable planned day.
I take my full hour lunch during peak. I will take my lunch before I pick up helper. 8-8:30 is early for peak. I worked til 9:30 a few times.

wayfair

swollen member
If hes being approved to do it....he has NO worries. How is that YOUR problem?

operations manager was handing out warning letters to people in another center(30 people) for not taking at least 30 minutes, not my problem or concern because it's not me, but to fellow co workers, information can help....

O

OLDMAN3

So...

How much is that pat on the back worth, when you skip your lunch or set up your truck off the clock?

If you did not skip your lunch, and instead invested that $49.50 (1 hour) in overtime into your 401k in stocks, you might be surprised...

Over your career you are handing UPS nearly 3 million dollars !

You can see the number below. I assumed a conservative 8% return on investment in stocks (historically 9-10% long term). Also I assumed 3% annual raises (conservative compared to historical increases)
One hour of overtime pay at $32.99 per hour, 5 days a week.

Your total is $2,986,746 after 35 years.

I hope you enjoy that 3 million dollar pat on the back, you earned it.
You are cheating your family out of this money and handing it to the fat cats at the top.
United Parcel Service Co. gave its chairman and CEO, D Scott Davis compensation valued at $10.7 million in 2012. (4 year business degree Portland State)
http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/retirement/401-k-retirement-calculator.aspx

3 Million over your career!
How many guys come in a half hour early off the clock to stare at the ORION screen, set up the load, sort during break etc. etc. just so they don't have to deal with an occasional run in with the boss!
Why live your life as a boot licking coward?
I think courage is an attribute few workers possess these days.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
What if, I'm losing overtime due to the fact, the runner-gunner is doing one hour of work free, so management pulls my work to give to the other driver. I have seen this.
They usually will pull your gravy and then give you loser stuff that won't come off quickly. Seen that happen as well.