Lunch skippers

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Oh well, I agree that's BS. If I don't take lunch I don't enter it in the board. But, if I'm over dispatched and screwed I'll just take a 25 minutes worth of breaks

You are required by law to take a lunch both by UPS and your state law if you're a full time worker.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It's 1 hour and two 10 minute breaks for us (northeast).

Weird how other areas give two 15 minute paid breaks. Same company, a ton of different ways of doing things because of different locals and state laws. Gives the feeling of unfairness.
The feeling of unfairness is looking at the stop count for the day when you get there in the morning on the computer, and know that as little as 5 years ago that stop count was 20 to 50 stops less you used to run on the same route. That's a feeling of unfairness partner lol.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
My coworkers feel it's unfair that I'll be able to leave this place and make more during retirement. I tell them what they gotta do and they nod and get all excited. About ten minutes later I almost bump into them as I Z scan my vehicle during pretrip and they are in the middle of the cross walk heading to their car.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My coworkers feel it's unfair that I'll be able to leave this place and make more during retirement. I tell them what they gotta do and they nod and get all excited. About ten minutes later I almost bump into them as I Z scan my vehicle during pretrip and they are in the middle of the cross walk heading to their car.
That's because you have the right idea JB, work a lot now so you don't have to work a lot later. Nothing too difficult to understand about that, and if you don't get it, then your just plain freakin retarded lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Funny-Fat-People-Funny-Fat-People-029-FunnyPica_com_.jpg
Me,myself, and Ive......I ate like a divsion manager, for $13 bucks!...lol
You gotta slow down on the food and drinks G, that's not a good look for ya bro lmfao

That's because you hit have the right idea JB, work a lot now so you don't have to work a lot later. Nothing too difficult to understand about that, and if you don't get it, then your just plain freakin retarded lol.
On the other hand......work too much now, you wont be able to finish It,later!...The knees, spine, and nerves wear out!

BrownTexas

Nothing wrong with taking lunch at end of day as long as you take it, that's all that matters. Every center, every route is different. Different start times and lots of variables let you know when you can and can not take lunch. Im not saying either one is preferred just stating you are giving them free money, you could be putting into your retirement fund. I myself take it at the end of the day because I like to stay on pace or close to it as I can sorta speak. I can drive and graze all day and when im done ill take it. Like I said every area and every route is different.
By taking your lunch at the end of the day you are allowing them to max out your businesses and pickups, thus allowing them to cut routes. Taking your lunch during the day makes them have to find some place else to put that hour of work. If everyone took it during the day they would be forced to add routes. At my center I constantly listen to drivers bitch about running 90 business and having to kill themselves to get the job done. If they took a lunch and told the center they were going to have service failures then management would have to find a place for these stops.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
By taking your lunch at the end of the day you are allowing them to max out your businesses and pickups, thus allowing them to cut routes. Taking your lunch during the day makes them have to find some place else to put that hour of work. If everyone took it during the day they would be forced to add routes. At my center I constantly listen to drivers bitch about running 90 business and having to kill themselves to get the job done. If they took a lunch and told the center they were going to have service failures then management would have to find a place for these stops.

Well said!

OPTION3

DING-DING-DING….winner! Thats why our management crew tries to tell us the health benefits of breaking up your meal into 15 minute intervals….stuff that--- I don’t take medical advice from a maroon, middle level manager…or ANY manager (yes that includes you upstate) for that matter.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I totally get and agree with what your saying, but you and I both know at most centers that most drivers aren't going to go in unison and take their lunches during the day. But your right though, if that happened they would have to put way more routes in. I wish the diad went down automatically like it does in California at a certain time of the day. Well that's what I heard happens in Cali.

Bottom rung

We get to chose here fourty unpaid and twenty paid or ten unpaid twenty paid and all the runners still get done at the same time when a hour was required. One was caught driver releasing packages driving down the highway. No suspension. Nothing. if your consistently under allowed in a bonus center. You're almost untouchable.

BrownTexas

I'm waiting for the day they let me respond to the message we get daily telling us to " Make sure our hour break is recorded in our Diad" so I can give my 2 cents about telling them they forgot to tell people to actually take it.

We get to chose here fourty unpaid and twenty paid or ten unpaid twenty paid and all the runners still get done at the same time when a hour was required. One was caught driver releasing packages driving down the highway. No suspension. Nothing. if your consistently under allowed in a bonus center. You're almost untouchable.
I work In a a bon(us)er center