"Lunch"

clarnzz

I'm just curious as to the lunch rules across the country and your feelings about them. In my center we are only required to take 1 minute of lunch which I love. I can't imagine being forced to take 50 minutes of lunch and having to work past 7:00 just to go over 9.5. I'd be so miserable....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wouldn't matter where I was I'd take it all. By skipping your break that's 50 more minutes of businesses they can put on u enough People do that and guess what they cut a route. Your only doing them a favor.

clarnzz

Wouldn't matter where I was I'd take it all. By skipping your break that's 50 more minutes of businesses they can put on u enough People do that and guess what they cut a route. Your only doing them a favor.

I hear ya, but our stops per car isn't going to change whether I take my full lunch or not. I'm so happy I don't have to.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Most of our routes are 60 minute lunches and a 10 minute paid break. Fortunately for me, I have one of a few routes that are only required to take 30 minute lunch.

clarnzz

Wow, I'm not going to debate my IQ after the toe thing, but I was just thinking about that today. I'm already borderline unhappy, if I was forced to take my full hour, I'd go out of my mind.... Trolling is for Pike fisherman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

"Lunch"

Oh I forgot to mention they can put more stops on everyone cause that's 50 more minutes of work before you have to be back to the air trailer. So there are many part timers your screwing out of full time jobs because you wont take your lunch per the contract.

clarnzz

Re: "Lunch"

Oh I forgot to mention they can put more stops on everyone cause that's 50 more minutes of work before you have to be back to the air trailer. So there are many part timers your screwing out of full time jobs because you wont take your lunch per the contract.

Even if they did this is not going to change our centers stops per car, it would just force management to get more creative. The only thing me taking my hour lunch everyday is going to change is me sitting in brown polyester for an hour a day, not getting paid and getting off an hour later.

UPSGUY72

That depends if he has to put a lunch in his board whether he takes it or not. If he is only required to put 1 minute in his board than he getting paid for skipping his lunch. If he is required to put a 50 minute lunch in his board then he is only screwing himself out of OT..

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
We have 1 hour lunch and (2) 10 min breaks. Over 10 is 7:45pm the air car leaves at 7:30. In our building there is no worries unless you are over 11 and even then it's really only about getting your airs back by 7:30 and pickup pieces back before 9pm.

clarnzz

That depends if he has to put a lunch in his board whether he takes it or not. If he is only required to put 1 minute in his board than he getting paid for skipping his lunch. If he is required to put a 50 minute lunch in his board then he is only screwing himself out of OT..

Nope, I put 1 minute of lunch in my board, I am not working at all while not getting paid unless I just put the 1 minute in right before I punch out.

Indecisi0n

So you are saying if everyone in my center took their full hour, which I don't think anyone does, our stops per car would change and it would create more routes?

I don't care about stop count. I take my full hour everyday and so should you. My father works for a **** company that works their guys 12 hrs without a lunch(non union) which is insane. Take that hour to eat, hydrate and relax for a bit.

clarnzz

It just boils down to this for me. If I am wearing brown polyester and have a diad board I want to be getting paid for it. I don't need the rest, I'm not hungry and I'm not naive enough to think I'm gonna save the world, create more jobs, and force IE to change our stops per car by getting off an hour later everyday. I have true empathy for the UPSers forced to.

Brownslave688

"Lunch"

Your stops per car could go down. Have u actually ever ran a route. Take this scenario you take your 50 min break and all of a sudden you can't do those resi stops in the middle of your route cause you must get businesses off. Now your running behind and can't do that other subdivision you do before pick ups. So now your 2 hours behind even though you just took 50 minutes of break. You work 10 hours instead of the 9 you would of worked had you skipped break. Now everyone files 9.5 grievances and they must put more routes in dropping everyone's SPC. You wouldn't understand though the ones that skip break never understand how the are hurting themselves along with everyone else.