"Lunch"

Indecisi0n

Don't know about your center but we work 10-11 hr days, everyday. Doing what we do for 11 hrs and not taking a break is a safety issues not matter what you say/think.

Indecisi0n

I'm done. I called you a troll because anyone with half a brain can understand how not taking a lunch hurts you and other UPSers.

Last edited:

clarnzz

I'm done. I called you a troll because anyone with half a brain can understand how not taking a lunch hurts you and other USPers.

I will not debate the size of my brain, but I don't see how people taking their lunch will change our centers mandated stops per car. At best it will force management to get more creative with their dispatching.

clarnzz

Same here in the North East. It will never change, to many lunch runners.

When I first start driving we had an hour taken out of time every day for lunch whether we took it or not. If I thought I would be off before 5:00 I wouldn't take it, if I didn't I would. The story I head was there was some lawsuit in California regarding this sort of action and after that all we were forced to take was one minute and the company couldn't just take an hour from us. It seems so weird to me that it so differant everywhere else.

DS

Fenderbender
I'm just curious as to the lunch rules across the country and your feelings about them. In my center we are only required to take 1 minute of lunch which I love. I can't imagine being forced to take 50 minutes of lunch and having to work past 7:00 just to go over 9.5. I'd be so miserable....
Where I am they automatically take 50 minutes off your paid day.If you are putting in 1 minute lunch,and getting ripped off for the time you are an idiot.
If you actually get paid for your skipping lunch,then you are in the minority.Lunch is the most important stop of my day.
I wish they would allow a code 5 option every day because usually a half hour would suffice to eat and re-juvinate.
If indeed you are giving the company a free hour every day,you are screwing everybody in your quest to be done by 7pm.

rod

Retired 22 years
It just boils down to this for me. If I am wearing brown polyester and have a diad board I want to be getting paid for it. I don't need the rest, I'm not hungry and I'm not naive enough to think I'm gonna save the world, create more jobs, and force IE to change our stops per car by getting off an hour later everyday. I have true empathy for the UPSers forced to.

Its amazing how many just don't get it. Reading posts like this makes me glad I took a little extra break every once in awhile.

clarnzz

Where I am they automatically take 50 minutes off your paid day.If you are putting in 1 minute lunch,and getting ripped off for the time you are an idiot.
If you actually get paid for your skipping lunch,then you are in the minority.Lunch is the most important stop of my day.
I wish they would allow a code 5 option every day because usually a half hour would suffice to eat and re-juvinate.
If indeed you are giving the company a free hour every day,you are screwing everybody in your quest to be done by 7pm.

That's the way it used to be for us and if that was the case I'd agree completely.

If I work from 8:40 till 5:40 9.00 hours and I code 1 minute of lunch I get paid for 8.98 hours even if I am 2 hours overallowed.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Well where I am if my manager tells me to run my lunch, I get a paid 20 minute lunch break. I had that happen once to me and it was during a snow storm, I don't thing I will ever see a paid lunch again unfortunately.

upsman68

The only time I skip my lunch if I have to be somewhere for my kids activities. Some will say don't do it. But it is one thing I can not get back. They only grow up once. My family is the most important thing to me.

clarnzz

If I skip my lunch I get paid exactly the same. I love being in a bonus center.

Maybe it's tied into being a bonus center which we are.

If I work 9.00 hours and take 1 minute of lunch I get paid 8.98 hours if I am overallowed.

If I work 9.00 hours and take 1 minute of lunch and am 1 hour underallowed I get paid 9.98 hours.

Maybe thats why? I'm just happy for once, cuz I'd be so much more miserable!

clarnzz

And for the record, I havn't been underallowed or worked over 9 hours this week. Maybe my center manager is better than I think!