Macy’s will announce a major same-day delivery program within the next 12 months

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Returntosender, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

That store, according to Belus Capital Advisors CEO Brian Sozzi, is Macy’s (M). “I believe Macy’s will announce a major same-day delivery program within the next 12 months,” he says. “They’re already piloting it, I believe, in four markets and I think once they have the foundation, the technology behind it -- they’re already working with UPS (UPS) and Fed Ex (FDX) and I believe also Ebay (EBAY) to get the program off the ground
  2. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I just read that too. The writer of that story is clueless about the delivery business.
  3. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

Not only that, but clueless about Macy's. Round here they cant even open loading docks to accept a delivery. Almost as bad as Walgreens or Walmart
  4. Everything sounds good on paper. but wait ,you need a reliable delivery system.
  5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Good luck. There's a reason people started paying ups to deliver their packages over 100 years ago. It's more cost effective.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. No employees. no trucks,no gas ,no Insurance.
  7. Anybody remember, DHL ground?
  8. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

9. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

We had a software update on our powerpads a while back that added a same day delivery function. Wonder if this is why. Either way, horrible idea.
  10. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

This is not going to end well.
  11. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Below ground, yes.

DHL sucks.jpg
  12. They have this surepost type thing now. Took two weeks to get my package. There's a reason they got chased out of town

Sent using BrownCafe App
  13. Thet cut their own throats. they came to town,and under cut everybody.

Cant stay in business. when you charge $3 for a $5 package.
  14. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

How about this. If you for whatever reason must have something from Macy's today, drive to Macy's and buy it. And look, no ridiculous same day shipping charge that costs more than the product!