Made my 30 days...Day 33: Disqualified.

Ya Dad

Gimme me more characters so that I finish this se
So I was on my way to work yesterday when my Manager calls and says,
"We all sat down and we feel that you are not getting the hang of the job quickly enough."

I was told to report back to my old position. Called up my union steward and told him what had happened, and told him that I worked over 30 working days so he was in violation of the union contract to DQ me. He asked me to send him a list of all the days I worked. Fine by me, I marked on my calendar every day I worked as I was working towards my seniority. So I sent him the list, and now I'm playing the waiting game.

This is the SECOND time I have had my browns taken away from me (1st being when I was in PM Air and they decided to make my job a combo position, so I was replaced by someone with more seniority who bid on my position).

I had a follow-up ride along a couple of weeks ago, and the supervisor signed off on me.

...and now I'm DQ'd.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So I was on my way to work yesterday when my Manager calls and says,
"We all sat down and we feel that you are not getting the hang of the job quickly enough."

I was told to report back to my old position. Called up my union steward and told him what had happened, and told him that I worked over 30 working days so he was in violation of the union contract to DQ me. He asked me to send him a list of all the days I worked. Fine by me, I marked on my calendar every day I worked as I was working towards my seniority. So I sent him the list, and now I'm playing the waiting game.

This is the SECOND time I have had my browns taken away from me (1st being when I was in PM Air and they decided to make my job a combo position, so I was replaced by someone with more seniority who bid on my position).

I had a follow-up ride along a couple of weeks ago, and the supervisor signed off on me.

...and now I'm DQ'd.

FIle for any days you don't get full time pay until this plays out

Box Ox

Might want to try and pull up your 30 on the new time card viewer on UPSers as well. Get all the documentation you can. Haven't looked at it in depth so not sure how far back it'll go.

Arch

Check your union. In my case we have 30 days probation that can lead to an extra 10 days if management is still undecided to keep you or not.

McGee

Yes the time card viewer only goes back one week previous. If you saved your pay stubs use those as proof to show all the days you drove. Good luck.
You can also go back a ways in the 'View your paycheck' option and it should show the weeks that you drove ( if you did anything other than drive it would show what payrate you were paid at)

Ya Dad

Gimme me more characters so that I finish this se
Why do I always feel there's more to the story?

Ooops.. Is my cynicism showing?

On May 5th (Day 20), I was issued a warning letter for failure to complete a proper pre-trip prior to pulling a trailer...I had left the back door open. I was issued that warning letter afterwards and had a ride-along, and the supervisor signed off on me. Good to go.

On Tuesday the 24th, I went to Amazon to drop an empty off and pull a load to another city. The supervisor at Amazon assigned me the wrong trailer, and when I was about to get on the interstate, Dispatch called and said the load I had was bound for my hub. Had to bring it back. That was not my fault, though. The supervisor TOLD ME to take that trailer KNOWING where I was going to take it.

Just wanna clarify. You mean 30 working days right? Not just 30 days. I know people that have assumed everyday counted.

30 working days. This includes the unproductive week, which my union steward said counts towards seniority.