Made my 30 days...Day 33: Disqualified.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Amazon paperwork where I'm at has the destination and sort on it, we are responsible for checking it.

That being said when I qualified the union and company were fighting about whether PT drivers who made their 30 days in package were already qualified for feeders. Full-time drivers are qualified on day one if coming from package... not sure about air drivers (in my area).

I never heard what the outcome of the grievance was for part timers already being qualified.

Good luck!

Dr.Brownz

Your steward might be wrong on that. If the unproductive week counts, then driving school would also count for package. Pretty sure that school does not count.

Driving schools can count toward the "up to 10 days of additional training" (paraphrased) that is in certain supplements.

moldsporh

If the amazon trailer you pulled was in your board, trailer number matched, contents of trailer matched destination, and paperwork shows correct destination and trailer number, then that was not your fault and not grounds for discipline .

oldngray

nowhere special
His pants size didn't increase enough in his 30 days
picdump_2125_18.jpg

km3

The point of setting up paperless paychecks is to not waste paper. So instead you print it off at home and waste paper there? LOL

I'm not talking about paystubs (for which I already receive a paper copy from the company, and raise hell when I don't get it). I'm talking about the timecards you can view on the UPSers website under Job Tools. Since the timecards only go back to the previous week, you have to print them out while you can to keep a comprehensive record. Doing so has already helped me out in a small handful of pay/time worked disputes (incorrect start or end time, paid for the wrong job, etc.).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not talking about paystubs (for which I already receive a paper copy from the company, and raise hell when I don't get it). I'm talking about the timecards you can view on the UPSers website under Job Tools. Since the timecards only go back to the previous week, you have to print them out while you can to keep a comprehensive record. Doing so has already helped me out in a small handful of pay/time worked disputes (incorrect start or end time, paid for the wrong job, etc.).

Wouldn't it make more sense to pull up two screens and compare your time card and pay stub at the same time?

So I was on my way to work yesterday when my Manager calls and says,
"We all sat down and we feel that you are not getting the hang of the job quickly enough."

I was told to report back to my old position. Called up my union steward and told him what had happened, and told him that I worked over 30 working days so he was in violation of the union contract to DQ me. He asked me to send him a list of all the days I worked. Fine by me, I marked on my calendar every day I worked as I was working towards my seniority. So I sent him the list, and now I'm playing the waiting game.

This is the SECOND time I have had my browns taken away from me (1st being when I was in PM Air and they decided to make my job a combo position, so I was replaced by someone with more seniority who bid on my position).

I had a follow-up ride along a couple of weeks ago, and the supervisor signed off on me.

...and now I'm DQ'd.
Grievance

brett636

The unproductive week does count toward your 30 days. When I completed my 30 days in feeders including my unproductive week I got a check for 40 hours of pay for that week. This was in 2010 so I don't think anything has changed regarding this. Grieve this, and hopefully your documentation will get this decision reversed.

clean hairy

My understanding was that the 30 working days started on the first day a person sat behind the wheel and started the engine to run a route the first time, and that any classroom time prior to that did not count towards the 30 working days.
The post above this one seems to indicate 5 days classroom and 25 days driving means a person has made seniority, unless I misread it?