Magical place?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Undertow82, May 19, 2016.

1. Undertow82

Undertow82 Member

I was informed that there are certain hubs that have conveyors that go all the way up into the truck for unload? Where are these magical places? Building/dismantling/moving each individual section of rollers, that are bent, and beaten to death, with each individual t-bar from truck to truck is for the birds man....
  2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

They call them extendos.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Undertow82

Undertow82 Member

Well then I need some extendos...
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

"Use existing equipment to assist in the lift or lower."
  5. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

You must be in an old small extended center. But you probably only unload 27 foot pups so thats a bonus
  6. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

Yes, there are such things as unload conveyors. But, they don't necessarily go all the way in. Still had to use rollers in the nose of 48/53' trailers when I last unloaded.

It would be a shame if you had to stop and put on heavy duty gloves (to avoid pinched fingers) and get help from a coworker when building/dismantling sections of rollers. After all, you're paid by the hour, and that takes time...
  7. They don't work on the newer trucks.
  8. rod

rod retired and happy

Don't the trailers have built-in rollers anymore or is he talking about unloading the pick-ups out of the package cars?
  9. Undertow82

Undertow82 Member

That is a bonus and yes, it's an old hub.
  10. No. They don't use those anymore.
  11. Out of the package car.
  12. Undertow82

Undertow82 Member

No built in rollers. We have 3 individual sections of rollers, and a slightly larger t-bar per section to rest them on after hooking in place. Then, it's dismantling and doing it all again in the next truck.
  13. Undertow82

Undertow82 Member

Not the PC's, the "pups" the other guy referred to.
  14. Undertow82

Undertow82 Member

I like your thinking....
  15. rod

rod retired and happy

cheap-cheap-cheap -----You would think over the life of a trailer built in rollers would pay for themselves many times over.
  16. They use them for both here.
  17. More room for packages.
  18. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My building has mostly power extendos in the unload. They work for unloading package cars also if you are careful about parking the cars. We also have loader power extendos but only one per belt.
  19. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

smoke a doobie . then everything will be magical.
  20. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Rookie took you to school...