Mainstreet Media

oldngray

nowhere special
Stephen Colbert: Glad to no longer pretend to be fake newsman

"I mean, it's understandable -- I worked really hard to be that other guy for ten years," Colbert told Rocca in an interview to be broadcast on CBS' "Sunday Morning" September 6. "I hope they'll find out pretty quickly that the guy they saw for ten years was my sense of humor the whole time. I'm not just a pundit -- I'm a comedian.

"It is, I guess, flattering that people thought I was an actual pundit or a newsman, eventually, over the years. But it's really nice not to have to pretend it any more!"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/stephen-colbert-glad-to-no-longer-pretend-to-be-fake-newsman/

Sadly far too many low information voters relied on him for their news. What will they do now?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

"I mean, it's understandable -- I worked really hard to be that other guy for ten years," Colbert told Rocca in an interview to be broadcast on CBS' "Sunday Morning" September 6. "I hope they'll find out pretty quickly that the guy they saw for ten years was my sense of humor the whole time. I'm not just a pundit -- I'm a comedian.

"It is, I guess, flattering that people thought I was an actual pundit or a newsman, eventually, over the years. But it's really nice not to have to pretend it any more!"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/stephen-colbert-glad-to-no-longer-pretend-to-be-fake-newsman/

Sadly far too many low information voters relied on him for their news. What will they do now?

Aww too bad. The only rational Conservative out there had to give up his gig...

Its ok, given the status of the current GOP with Trump leading, the low information voters continue to be those dumb enough to be at a Trump rally.

Given his "Dog Whistles", its no surprise his audience is all white.

TOS.

oldngray

nowhere special
Aww too bad. The only rational Conservative out there had to give up his gig...

Its ok, given the status of the current GOP with Trump leading, the low information voters continue to be those dumb enough to be at a Trump rally.

Given his "Dog Whistles", its no surprise his audience is all white.

TOS.

You demonstrate your low information voter status by calling him a conservative.

Sportello

I think it would be more accurate to say that many educated people looked forward to his commentary. I don't think that will change. He is a very talented entertainer, which is why he's getting the gig. It's entertainment. Colbert can sing and dance and tell a joke or a serious story. He is a skilled interviewer that can ask questions others like him don't/can't.

His personal life and history is fascinating. He's a good guy.

He's the consummate TV host.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

They most likely will now tune to FOX Opinion.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think it would be more accurate to say that many educated people looked forward to his commentary. I don't think that will change. He is a very talented entertainer, which is why he's getting the gig. It's entertainment. Colbert can sing and dance and tell a joke or a serious story. He is a skilled interviewer that can ask questions others like him don't/can't.

His personal life and history is fascinating. He's a good guy.

He's the consummate TV host.
You're looking forward to political commentary but don't know who Argus Hamilton and Fred Thompson are........troll!

Sportello

You're looking forward to political commentary but don't know who Argus Hamilton and Fred Thompson are........troll!
Look, I'm trying really hard to ignore most of your stuff, but I never said political commentary. Don't change what I post to suit your agenda.

Mr. Colbert has commented on a variety of subjects. I particularly enjoy his comments on religion. He is a devout Roman Catholic, and I was raised as one. I find him to be a refreshing celebrity. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

Politically, I love what he did to Jeb! Did you see his response to Jeb!'s fundraiser?

I'll save you the trouble:

Now that's an epic troll.

moreluck

golden ticket member
NBC News allowed Brian Williams to return to work after his six-month suspension Tuesday, just in time to cover the pope's arrival in America for MSNBC. He was terrific. Brian opened the broadcast by describing his airplane ride to America with the pope, while being shot at by the Taliban.
~Argus Hamilton~

moreluck

golden ticket member
handelsman093015.jpg

Sportello

Thanks for that link. Here's an excerpt from it wholeheartedly I agree with:

Harris-Perry was interviewing guest Alfonso Aguilar, Executive Director of the American Principles Project's Latino Partnership, about Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) and his fitness for the role of Speaker of the House.

“If there’s somebody who is a hard worker when he goes to Washington, it’s Paul Ryan,” Aguilar said.

While Harris-Perry agreed Ryan could make a good House Speaker, she had a problem with Aguilar’s word choice.

I want us to be super careful when we use the language ‘hard worker,’” she cautioned. “Because I actually keep an image of folks working in cotton fields on my office wall, because it is a reminder about what hard work looks like.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
In my vocabulary, I'm a hardworker....cooking, cleaning and such. My husband is a hard worker supporting our family, yardwork, maintenance, etc.
If that's not politically correct then "friend" it!!!! We are not slaves and slave never comes to mind when those words are used. Guess what? That broad was never a slave either. She's delusionally nuts!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Sigh. Colbert was a comedian from the get-go, a pretend Conservitard that intelligent people could laugh at constantly because he was the perfect parody of the Far Right.
Nobody ever relied on him for hard news...that's O'Reilly's job.

God, you people are so dense.