Mainstreet Media

moreluck

golden ticket member
No more Time for Newsweek!!!

Via Bloomberg:
Newsweek, the 79-year-old magazine, will eventually transition to an online-only publication, according to owner IAC/InterActiveCorp.
The New York-based company made the announcement during its quarterly earnings conference call today, saying it would curb investments in the money-losing business

moreluck

golden ticket member
I only get Sunday's paper. Used to get all week. I can get any news online. The newspsper co. didn't ask why I switched to just one day....they probably have watched their readership steadily decline.

wkmac

I only get Sunday's paper. Used to get all week. I can get any news online. The newspsper co. didn't ask why I switched to just one day....they probably have watched their readership steadily decline.

Why do you bother reading a news paper at all? Why do you even watch any news period? The news reports events that have already taken place, things from the past and you are solidly on record that information from the past has no place in discussions of the present!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why do you bother reading a news paper at all? Why do you even watch any news period? The news reports events that have already taken place, things from the past and you are solidly on record that information from the past has no place in discussions of the present!
I'm one of those crazy women who want the store ads (to save money) and the coupons (to save money) and the TV schedule magazine requires a Sunday delivery to get that.
I pay for my one paper many times over with the money I save in ads & coupons. Besides, Sunday's paper has the political cartoons in a large group!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm one of those crazy women who want the store ads (to save money) and the coupons (to save money) and the TV schedule magazine requires a Sunday delivery to get that.
I pay for my one paper many times over with the money I save in ads & coupons. Besides, Sunday's paper has the political cartoons in a large group!!

Psssst.... along with non propeller aircraft, we now have the ability to download all coupons instead of having a newspaper clogging up the house...

Just an FYI....

Peace

TOS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

TOS---FYI---not all supermarkets accept online coupons.

I stopped getting the print version of my local newspaper about 2-3 years ago. Do I miss it? Sometimes--nothing beats the feel of having the newspaper in your hand while reading it. I was having issues with my carrier and decided to switch to the online version. It is there when I wake up each morning and I save $52/year (I used to tip $1/week)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Coupons and comics. an attempt to keep busy in retirement? coupon and comic politics...perfect

moreluck

golden ticket member
Coupons and comics. an attempt to keep busy in retirement? coupon and comic politics...perfect
I didn't mention the funnies. How did you know about the funnies? Where is the camera ? I used to take the center portion of the funnies....which is a kid's game page and divide the games up 3 ways and send to my young grankids along with a few bucks allowance.. They are way past that stage now.
Both the comics and the"few" bucks.