Maintained in a safe, efficient, clean and neat way?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Golden rule applies to the policy book, one with the gold makes the rules. The policy book was never made for the ones who made it to follow, it was made for the ones underneath to be held accountable by if the higher ups needed a reason to get rid of lower management. Much like in operations, you can tell drivers about how the contract is upheld, but secretly make deals to go around it, until that driver needs to be terminated. When termination time comes arou d you'd think your management team were scholars on the contract, interpreting how they see fit. The only difference is we have no power to hold them to their own contract that they made, the policy book.

DS

Fenderbender
I[/QUOTE]
Morale? Are you trying to make us laugh?
Morale is way below the keeping the building clean crap.
Are you happy at work? Do they recognize it when you go above and beyond?
Where I am they only notice the mistakes you make.
I'm starting to think you live in that parallel universe pickup talked about.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The ups policy book is a sham. Page nineteen page four page one it's a joke. Who cares about the policy it's not for teamsters and they (ups )do what they do regardless of any policy.
anonymous,

I disagree, the policy book is exact what it purports to be, a policy book.

Individuals who claim to be "company men" or men of integrity yet ignore the policies in the policy book, they my friend, are a sham.

The UPS Policy book is for hourly employees and management employees. It is for all UPS employees.

Employees who show blatent disregard for policy should be forced to change their ways through progressive discipline or be fired.

SIncerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Exactly---I saw the rules broke, bent, ignored, changed, made up and applied in opposite ways to different individuals depending on how they liked the person. Anyone who says this dosen't (didn't) happen at UPS had has their head burried in the sand or up some dark place. For the most part ONLY if a grievance was filed did the "policy book" ever get brought into play otherwise it was make up the rules as you go.

P.S. What is this UPS "Code Of Conduct" you talk about? I never heard that expression in my 30 years.
rod,

You describe a management culture that lacks Integrity.

You can check out the UPS Code of Conduct here:

UPS Corporate: UPS Code of Business Conduct

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Golden rule applies to the policy book, one with the gold makes the rules. The policy book was never made for the ones who made it to follow, it was made for the ones underneath to be held accountable by if the higher ups needed a reason to get rid of lower management. Much like in operations, you can tell drivers about how the contract is upheld, but secretly make deals to go around it, until that driver needs to be terminated. When termination time comes arou d you'd think your management team were scholars on the contract, interpreting how they see fit. The only difference is we have no power to hold them to their own contract that they made, the policy book.
Jackburton,

I disagree.

Employees don't lack power, most of them lack courage.

There are internal whistle blowing processes in place but most men lack the courage or are too corrupt themselves to use them.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Morale? Are you trying to make us laugh?
Morale is way below the keeping the building clean crap.
Are you happy at work? Do they recognize it when you go above and beyond?
Where I am they only notice the mistakes you make.
I'm starting to think you live in that parallel universe pickup talked about.
DS,

No, I am not trying to make you laugh.

Well, sometimes I do.

Yes, I am very happy at work.

I don't go above and beyond. I do the job I get paid for and then go home to my family.

It is not a parallell universe, I just trust in God in all I do.

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

I disagree.

Employees don't lack power, most of them lack courage.

There are internal whistle blowing processes in place but most men lack the courage or are too corrupt themselves to use them.

Sincerely,
I
If it interferes with profit and meeting numbers, such "transgressions" are overlooked. The system is designed in a way that makes you feel as though you do have power, when in reality you are just labeled as a "troublemaker" or "disgruntled".
If it's not viewed as a problem by those with the power to change it, it will never be fixed.
I could also replace the word courage with the word caring and both would work. As long as my management team feels there is no issue and as long as it doesn't effect my work area or performance, why do I need to beat it to death? I grow wary of trying to help people who refuse to help themselves.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Exactly---I saw the rules broke, bent, ignored, changed, made up and applied in opposite ways to different individuals depending on how they liked the person. Anyone who says this dosen't (didn't) happen at UPS had has their head burried in the sand or up some dark place. For the most part ONLY if a grievance was filed did the "policy book" ever get brought into play otherwise it was make up the rules as you go.

P.S. What is this UPS "Code Of Conduct" you talk about? I never heard that expression in my 30 years.
rod,

You describe a management culture that lacks Integrity.

You can check out the UPS Code of Conduct here:

UPS Corporate: UPS Code of Business Conduct

Sincerely,
I

There is nothing in the UPS Code of Conduct that is relevant to what Rod posted.

Please restore your integrity by referencing the relevant section in the COC.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Conduct is relative to the management style. Types of management styles back in the day included "grocery managment style." Those that have done any type of retail management back in the day know the guys I'm talking about. No holds barred type physical stuff that would make a sue happy lawyer of today's culture drool over like a bulldog looking at a 10lb steak.

S

splozi

The UPS Corporate Policy clearly states that the corporate executives of UPS care about this.

So, what you're saying is... if it's written in a book somewhere, then it MUST be so?

If corporate cared, they would allow more funds for this purpose. The level of caring trickles down from top to bottom. The last time we had a facility audit, I don't remember anything looking cleaner or better than any time before or after.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If it interferes with profit and meeting numbers, such "transgressions" are overlooked. The system is designed in a way that makes you feel as though you do have power, when in reality you are just labeled as a "troublemaker" or "disgruntled".
If it's not viewed as a problem by those with the power to change it, it will never be fixed.
I could also replace the word courage with the word caring and both would work. As long as my management team feels there is no issue and as long as it doesn't effect my work area or performance, why do I need to beat it to death? I grow wary of trying to help people who refuse to help themselves.
Jackburton,

This is not always true. The system is designed to work, the people in the system are often afraid, uncaring, incompetent, unprofessional individuals who have failed the system.

Every employee who doesn't report "transgressions" are failing the system.

If you are in anyway treated in a way that can prove you are labeled a "troublemaker" or "disgruntled" then the system offers you protection.

Cultural change and societal change usually come from "the people", in the worker, taking on the establishment or status quo for right motives.

Don't ever grow weary or wary of helping people who don't help themselves, maybe they can't.

Join forces with someone of like mind for support in standing up for what is right.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
There is nothing in the UPS Code of Conduct that is relevant to what Rod posted.

Please restore your integrity by referencing the relevant section in the COC.
Hoaxsteer,

I disagree.

You may want to reread his post more clearly.

I feel Integrity has kept his integrity.....in this reply at least.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Conduct is relative to the management style. Types of management styles back in the day included "grocery managment style." Those that have done any type of retail management back in the day know the guys I'm talking about. No holds barred type physical stuff that would make a sue happy lawyer of today's culture drool over like a bulldog looking at a 10lb steak.
Jackburton,

Management employees must be held accountable for their conduct regardless of their personality, which is what really forms their managent style.

In a corporation it is always policy that will measure the conduct not the style.

Right conduct is right conduct and wrong conduct is wrong conduct regardless of the management style an individual's personality leads one to.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
So, what you're saying is... if it's written in a book somewhere, then it MUST be so?

If corporate cared, they would allow more funds for this purpose. The level of caring trickles down from top to bottom. The last time we had a facility audit, I don't remember anything looking cleaner or better than any time before or after.
splozi,

No, this is not what I am saying.

Please show me where I have said this, I will look at it and promptly admit I am wrong if I agree with your assessment.

If local management in all areas are covering up their inability to follow policy then please tell me why the corporate executives would think more funds are needed?

You mention the last time you had a facility audit.

Who or what do you think is responsible for the disparity between the day to day cleaning and the audit preparation cleaning?

From your post it appears that, in your opinion there is a significant difference.

How do you feel about this?

Does this bother you?

Sincerely,
I