Major east coast snow storm

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
It's days like these I'm like torn as to what to do I mean I'll go in tomorrow morning in Newburgh ny and it's supposed to start early here but not get bad until the afternoon, but even then it might get bad earlier, and I know dispatch will want me to go out but I feel it's a HUGE risk to my own license if I say hey I think it's dangerous and I'm gonna run into problems they'll brake my chops BUT if I "people please" and attempt to make a run and God forbid I get in an accident or get stuck which they consider same thing they'll blame me because it's always the drivers call for safety it's like a lose lose best case scenario I get put up in a hotel for the night....funny thing is all this "safety stuff" I feel a lot of time is just to cover company's rear end....I'm ups freight though not sure how it's works for u FedEx and ups package guys, I'm sure it's equally crappy, drive safely!

Purplepackage

We usually get a service disruption depending on how bad the weather is, but of course they always want you to go out..that might be mean 2 hours after you get dispatched they call everyone back but no matter what you go

Purplepackage

I feel like when it's snowing its the only time they actually care about safety. We get service disruptions and get told to take our time and just try to get everything off

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Remember,

picture-215.png

Snow is NO EXCUSE FOR A LATE!!!!!

Purplepackage

Whenever it snows ANYWHERE, it means late freight for us.
Even if it's not snowing, if it's winter the freight is late.

Though tomorrow I'm guessing will be a you better get out there and get everything off. 4 hours later..."everyone come back conditions are no longer safe"

It will be fine

Even if it's not snowing, if it's winter the freight is late.

Though tomorrow I'm guessing will be a you better get out there and get everything off. 4 hours later..."everyone come back conditions are no longer safe"
We never get that at Ground. We ask "are we weather exempt today?" And they don't know until 15:00. Could be dumping snow and they won't tell you it's ok to use the weather code. I've stopped asking and just tell my guys to come in when it starts getting too sketchy. Management does not care about safety. I've been there for a long time and have never had management tell me to come in because of snow.

MassWineGuy

Here in the Boston area the weather service warns against all unnecessary travel past Monday afternoon. I don't imagine being able to get to my station on Tuesday.

overflowed

Here in the Boston area the weather service warns against all unnecessary travel past Monday afternoon. I don't imagine being able to get to my station on Tuesday.
they might fire you if you don't come in. You need to come in. You did say this is a great company and you are treated well no?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Remember,

picture-215.png

Snow is NO EXCUSE FOR A LATE!!!!!

Here in the Boston area the weather service warns against all unnecessary travel past Monday afternoon. I don't imagine being able to get to my station on Tuesday.[/QUOTE

Do you think FedEx cares whether you can safely make it in or not? You'll be expected to be there. Also, where did you get the picture of a piece of :censored2: wearing a suit? It looks like something I flush down the toilet, except it's wearing a tie.