Major Fail At Our Ground Terminal Already

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's an effing miracle that people continue to ship with FedEx at all. Overpriced and unreliable service with nothing but excuses galore.

I'm really hoping the media gets word of all of this dysfunction early this year. 2 years ago, Peak was already over, and then, they were reporting on all the non-delivered Xmas gifts etc. What needs to happen now, is for the media to report that UPS has it's :censored2: together, and FedEx is a hot, floundering mess led by a team of imbeciles.

Last edited:

NYCFXG

Lightest day in 2 months. My rollover has reached over 15 hours per truck. That doesn't account for the work we will get on the Sunday-Monday preload. Managers are all wide eyed. They are legitimately scared. Just sent out my trucks and told my drivers to deliver every package on the truck, period. They told us it was coming Tues...then Wednesday. Fast forward to today, and we still haven't gotten the volume in the pipeline. They are saying it is coming on Monday and the worst part is these loaders don't want to work on their day off. So double the volume half the loaders and the heaviest pick up day of the year. This tsunami has been building and it is about to crest and wipe out the whole region.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe the truth gets out this year. I couldn't agree more that the problems stem from the top. Get used to it, because it's SOP.

To them, you're just not working hard enough, despite being set-up to fail. They'll just send out platitudes like the one from Ron, and expect you to work an effing miracle.

And you're right that even if this Peak is an utter failure, they will spin it to be another outstanding holiday season. Lies, and more lies.
Just how hard was it to.both agree with me and admit that I'm right both in the same post?;)

gixxer squid

Lightest day in 2 months. My rollover has reached over 15 hours per truck. That doesn't account for the work we will get on the Sunday-Monday preload. Managers are all wide eyed. They are legitimately scared. Just sent out my trucks and told my drivers to deliver every package on the truck, period. They told us it was coming Tues...then Wednesday. Fast forward to today, and we still haven't gotten the volume in the pipeline. They are saying it is coming on Monday and the worst part is these loaders don't want to work on their day off. So double the volume half the loaders and the heaviest pick up day of the year. This tsunami has been building and it is about to crest and wipe out the whole region.

What we are hearing is not the weather or anything else but trailers are stacked up deep loaded, not enough line haulers to bring them in. Hey X. "what was your plan?" LMFAO

NYCFXG

Amazon is now hauling there own loads to there destination

If Amazon was smart, they would start reaching out to current contractors and steal us away. I already have a fleet and would gladly deliver their :censored2: for a better price.

But, I think they were just sued by their ICs for similar working conditions.

Artee

If Amazon was smart, they would start reaching out to current contractors and steal us away. I already have a fleet and would gladly deliver their :censored2: for a better price.

Express has already done that for Amazon. In our area we told Amazon a few months ago that we would not be picking up their freight during peak. We hired contractors to haul express trailers to the hub for the next month. That way we can us our extra people on the seasonal accounts and extra volume coming in and out of the market.

This is a 3 week problem and its over and done with business back to normal. No one is jumping providers because of a temporary situation that we all know is coming and is going to be crazy. Just like how you Ground contractors don't have extra help sitting on the books all year to cover 1 month of heavy freight.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm really hoping the media gets word of all of this dysfunction early this year. 2 years ago, Peak was already over, and then, they were reporting on all the non-delivered Xmas gifts etc. What needs to happen now, is for the media to report that UPS has it's :censored2: together, and FedEx is a hot, floundering mess led by a team of imbeciles.
Man I'd love nothing more
Than for that to happen but there is most certainly places that ups doesn't have it together.

While the service failures don't seem to be a complete system wide failure like 2013 it's certainly happening at certain centers.

Overpaid Union Thug

LOL! Right now that's far from the truth. Our hubs are totally friend###ed.

dvalleyjim

That looks clean compared to our terminal. Routes haven't been delivered in two weeks, People working Sunday but told to hand sheet so as not to violate DOT hours. Terminal manager, pd managers delivering. All but two ISP failing. Guy in New Jersey sent me a picture of full trailers lined up down the street not being unloaded.

dvalleyjim

One ISP lost 3 drivers, Another 4. One guy took out a full truck, I mean packed to the gills. 180 stops. Parks it at his house, packs his things and moves out of state. Calls the ISP and says where to find the truck. Many towns and cities not even being serviced. Packages not even leaving the building. And peak has just started! Wow!

wow quoting my own post. Guy who abandoned truck was coaxed back to work as temp for terminal. Wow!

dvalleyjim

It's a strange detached sensation, being in the midst of this failure because it's not on us. This falls squarely on Memphis and Pittsburgh and I'll be interested to see how they spin it into another rousing success of a peak.

They can't spin this. This is a huge black eye. Unless they told their customers that they weren't going to deliver their Christmas packages but only warehouse them I can't see any spin.