Major Fail At Our Ground Terminal Already

bacha29

Spot on DVJ. It's the fedex sleaze factor. Go out and deliver even though your hours are maxed out. Now if somebody gets caught then it was the contractor who did this without X knowledge or consent.

gixxer squid

That looks clean compared to our terminal. Routes haven't been delivered in two weeks, People working Sunday but told to hand sheet so as not to violate DOT hours. Terminal manager, pd managers delivering. All but two ISP failing. Guy in New Jersey sent me a picture of full trailers lined up down the street not being unloaded.

You do know why they aren't unloaded? Because they won't count against the terminal for DNA's. Everyone's in survival mode and rest assured that terminal management has service quotas attached with bonuses

NYCFXG

I deliver to my mechanic. I warned him on Thursday to not order anything through Ground. He has 3 items that are stuck in this quagmire. Manager told me today the roll over in NJ HUB is almost 1 million packages. They are being forced to work 7 days 4 sorts per day.

NYCFXG

Less than 30% of the scanned volume to the terminal was delivered today. Barely anyone went out. I have come to understand the "vets" don't ever check their numbers online. They legitimately have no idea what is in store for them. I could never run my operation like that.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Are they not even unloading Walmart trailers? I have orders with tracking numbers that don't show up in the FedEx system that were shipped earlier in the week

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My latest package arrived in 2 days. Only because I insisted for the shipper to use the postal service and NOT FedEx Ground.

It will be fine

Are they not even unloading Walmart trailers? I have orders with tracking numbers that don't show up in the FedEx system that were shipped earlier in the week
I know around here we let many Walmart trailers sit fully loaded for days. We let them go over their volume cap with no way to handle the freight. Good call PGH.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Good thing the system is completely backed up and tomorrow is supposed to be one of the busiest mondays of the month LOL

Outside at 0900 this morning (Sunday), and Ground W700 delivering packages in the neighborhood. You can still see the outline of the old Express stickers.

Purplepackage

Outside at 0900 this morning (Sunday), and Ground W700 delivering packages in the neighborhood. You can still see the outline of the old Express stickers.

I swear the ground guy that does my neighborhood hasnt gone home in a week. I thought i was working late last week not a chance when i see him still out at 10pm making deliveries

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Spot on DVJ. It's the fedex sleaze factor. Go out and deliver even though your hours are maxed out. Now if somebody gets caught then it was the contractor who did this without X knowledge or consent.

Bingo. Blame the contractor, or in the case of Express, blame the employee. When I was an RTD, I used to regularly go over hours, and was even ordered to go over hours and deliver to stations after I had told the manager there was an hours issue. He then threatened me with a letter. I should have just walked-off, but I was still Purple then and always complied. If I'd been in an accident etc. after working 17 hours, guess who would have been blamed?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I like the ground trucks that are just a big box on the back of an f250 i cant believe they expect someone to work out of that

Gah, i'm in one of those... the rear step height is higher than their gmc counterpart, so it's gonna wear out your knees if one doesn't use "3-points-of-contact"

What's worse, i had to borrow another contractor's spare p700 because i can't cram my 151 boxes in my 10' boxvan rental. What a difference working out of a stepvan!

I thought i was gonna be out there until 2200, but having ease of the proper vehicle for this type of residential deliveries, i clocked out at 2030 instead!

Im back to that 10' rental on Monday though, so I'll brick it out & leave what i can't fit for the next day

Of course we're fudging our start times to not include the preload process of the hd operation... otherwise, i will hit my 14-hour DOT limit and come back with ~30 DNAs

overflowed

Gah, i'm in one of those... the rear step height is higher than their gmc counterpart, so it's gonna wear out your knees if one doesn't use "3-points-of-contact"

What's worse, i had to borrow another contractor's spare p700 because i can't cram my 151 boxes in my 10' boxvan rental. What a difference working out of a stepvan!

I thought i was gonna be out there until 2200, but having ease of the proper vehicle for this type of residential deliveries, i clocked out at 2030 instead!

Im back to that 10' rental on Monday though, so I'll brick it out & leave what i can't fit for the next day

Of course we're fudging our start times to not include the preload process of the hd operation... otherwise, i will hit my 14-hour DOT limit and come back with ~30 DNAs
Why would you do this? What's in it for you to do it is my question?

OrioN

Why would you do this? What's in it for you to do it is my question?

$30 extra dollars a day time 6 days... it's bad enough we don't get overtime, only hourly temps get that... but they phased out those guys this year

Since im driving around in the dark anyways, may as well go past that rush hour traffic and stay out there until im done.

This sat, i had to avoid the center of the city due to some tree lighting an small parade... i broke trace to do the suburbs then looped back to the city... funny thing was that those customers were tracking their stuff and thought i wouldnt deliver them

OrioN

Ps, bounty already said it a few posts earlier... we are either flat rate salary and or by-the-stop rate, not hourly or else i will enter my REAL on & off duty times

Pps, why is UPS stll using the 60 HOS rule, while we gets 70???

TeamLift

One ISP lost 3 drivers, Another 4. One guy took out a full truck, I mean packed to the gills. 180 stops. Parks it at his house, packs his things and moves out of state. Calls the ISP and says where to find the truck. Many towns and cities not even being serviced. Packages not even leaving the building. And peak has just started! Wow!

Good for him, 180 stops means contractor cheaping out on help. Before peak 21 drivers quit in one hub because time warner was shipping an extra 5000 packages per day on top of their other volume, went on for weeks with digital transfer