majority of US public school students in poverty

rickyb

majority of US public school students in poverty

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7171d0-9ce9-11e4-a7ee-526210d665b4_story.html

supports what i was saying in other articles in this website about how now 50% of the us population is at a level just above poverty, the shrinking middle class, etc.

cooperative jobs where workers get to vote on how the company is run will reduce the chances of low pay, excessive rules, high ceo pay, and work life balance issues.

the so called golden age of american capitalism is over.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I would think that if imbeciles who can't afford to have kids would just close their legs and stop breeding it would solve a lot of the problems but that's just me.

T

Turdferguson

if you think that back it up with statistics from reputable sources
How would someone back up an opinion with statistics ? Which is what someone says when they think something. He is not saying I know for a fact this is what is happening.
What statistics from reputable sources are you giving for corporative is the cure for what is "wrong" (your words)with America?
An article that discusses the poverty rate in American public schools? The article lays the blame at a cutting of government funding for public assistance programs nothing at all to do with capitalism in the private employment sector

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think there are just to many deadbeats unwilling to get off their lazy asses and go to work everyday.

if you think that back it up with statistics from reputable sources

I don't need statistics to verify what I see whenever I deliver to our local Social Services (welfare) office. Able bodied men and women standing in line looking for their free handout.

I read an article in our local paper this morning which showed that New York is second only to California as the most "welfare friendly" state; however, while California has 39.2M people and spends $44.1B on welfare, New York has only 19.8M yet spends $31.4B. By comparison, Texas has 27.4M people and spends $11.9B while Florida has 20.2M and spends a relatively paltry $4.6B.

People move to New York to take advantage of this generosity.

oldngray

nowhere special
original.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't need statistics to verify what I see whenever I deliver to our local Social Services (welfare) office. Able bodied men and women standing in line looking for their free handout.

I read an article in our local paper this morning which showed that New York is second only to California as the most "welfare friendly" state; however, while California has 39.2M people and spends $44.1B on welfare, New York has only 19.8M yet spends $31.4B. By comparison, Texas has 27.4M people and spends $11.9B while Florida has 20.2M and spends a relatively paltry $4.6B.

People move to New York to take advantage of this generosity.
I'd be curious .....Californa's are probably a big number of illegals.....how many of NY's are illegals. What I'm saying is....N.Y. is probably #1 if you take all the undocumented out of the CA. count.

rickyb

How would someone back up an opinion with statistics ? Which is what someone says when they think something. He is not saying I know for a fact this is what is happening.
What statistics from reputable sources are you giving for corporative is the cure for what is "wrong" (your words)with America?
An article that discusses the poverty rate in American public schools? The article lays the blame at a cutting of government funding for public assistance programs nothing at all to do with capitalism in the private employment sector

it has to do with capitalism because the government cut funds because the rich dont want to be taxed and use their money to minimize their taxes. in addition they lower corporate tax rates. theres been a loss of jobs because of low wages overseas and therefore another loss in taxes.

and wall street speculation has caused a great recession, and they have drained government funds for bail outs. bail outs for wall street, private losses for main street like the education system and average joes who cant afford thier kids. these are the corporations who have spoken of the miracles of the free market, and they are the same corporations who came running to the government (which they control) when they were bankrupt.

i am also skeptical of the whole `welfare queen`` thing because that is rhetoric. i believe corporations take 70 billion each year in subsidies. many of the giant corporations pay little or no taxes.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
i am also skeptical of the whole `welfare queen`` thing because that is rhetoric. i believe corporations take 70 billion each year in subsidies. many of the giant corporations pay little or no taxes.

Don't be skeptical of the welfare queens. Trust me, they DO exist. I've seen plenty.

T

Turdferguson

it has to do with capitalism because the government cut funds because the rich dont want to be taxed and use their money to minimize their taxes. in addition they lower corporate tax rates. theres been a loss of jobs because of low wages overseas and therefore another loss in taxes.

and wall street speculation has caused a great recession, and they have drained government funds for bail outs. bail outs for wall street, private losses for main street like the education system and average joes who cant afford thier kids. these are the corporations who have spoken of the miracles of the free market, and they are the same corporations who came running to the government (which they control) when they were bankrupt.

All the funds drained for wall street bailouts have been paid back. As to corporations and tax breaks are you saying these magical corporative business would not try to pay as little in taxes as possible, or there would be no need for taxes to fund public assistance programs because everyone would be making so much money.
What of those unlucky ones not working for a corporative business?

rickyb

Don't be skeptical of the welfare queens. Trust me, they DO exist. I've seen plenty.

them existing and them being a high percentage are 2 separate things. i dont doubt they exist. id need to see some articles from reputable sources because i read up on this stuff all the time and i never see talk about it. its always just rhetoric.

rickyb

All the funds drained for wall street bailouts have been paid back. As to corporations and tax breaks are you saying these magical corporative business would not try to pay as little in taxes as possible, or there would be no need for taxes to fund public assistance programs because everyone would be making so much money.
What of those unlucky ones not working for a corporative business?

what. youll have to explain again. and no the government has taken a loss on bail outs and QE. so the government lost billions of dollars on GM.