Make it work or else...

T

TheBrownGuy

So something is up with the regular site not lettin me reply like normal.

I'm glad I'm on this site and know about Orion. There are going to be so many drivers blind sided at my center. Poor guys.

What regular site? Is this a parallel universe or something?:eek:

Marne Vet

The ash-holes with the suits and ties need to stop trying to make our jobs easier, because every time they touch something they make it worse! Cutting trips, adding work, and useless technology that doesn't factor in blown-out package cars is just stupid. This company is in for a sad reality in the near future when they literally break our will to work, and no one will want to pit up with this constant BS.

Pkgcar1988

I'm not sure it's what the drivers are or are not doing,but maybe the way Orion is being implemented in centers that is the problem. They want drivers to make certain choices thoughout the day on when and when not is a good time to break Orion trace for a couple of stops if nessisary but still hit a certain %. Well for me if they want me to follow it then it will be as close to 100% as possible.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Mistake #1 is assuming the computer is smarter than the human brain.
Mistake #2 is trying to dumb down the job so this generation of drivers will lose all the skills that made us great and us old timers still have to this day.

Please Scott, don't kill the Company until I retire.

MethodsMan

Mistake #1 is assuming the computer is smarter than the human brain.
Mistake #2 is trying to dumb down the job so this generation of drivers will lose all the skills that made us great and us old timers still have to this day.

Please Scott, don't kill the Company until I retire.

Its going to backfire.

I can see the company losing a lot of money on this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Its going to backfire.

I can see the company losing a lot of money on this.

I can recall hearing the same thing when they rolled out PAS/EDD.

I'm sure some of the old timers heard this when they rolled out driver release or introduced next day and second day air.

As with any new service offering/technological advance there will be "growing pains" which the company will work out. The ironic part is that current drivers will work out the kinks to the detriment of future hires (lower wages/longer progression).

Future

Victory Ride
So I walked past a conference room yesterday and heard our DM yelling at the center manager and on-cars,"Make Orion work or I'll hire new sups who can."

Awww, are you starting to realize we threw millions in the toilet?

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app
Honestly heard the same thing when EDD came onto the scene. The two morons are still tryin to figure that out!

MethodsMan

I'm sure some of the old timers heard this when they rolled out driver release or introduced next day and second day air.

As with any new service offering/technological advance there will be "growing pains" which the company will work out. The ironic part is that current drivers will work out the kinks to the detriment of future hires (lower wages/longer progression).

Try to find packages on the 6000 shelf in a bricked out package car while you're trying to run your air. Sounds like a great idea.

How do you work out that kink? Driver Release and having NDA as a comparison to climbing over your load to try and find a package when its in the back of the truck?

I'd say 75% of the routes I cover have bulk stops that make up the entire aisle of the package car.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

The only bad thing is - how many drivers will get fired for the kinks to be
Ironed out?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's a similar situation... If you know the area well Edd is a great tool as long as you're not held to a compliance percentage. Orion is a decent tool for reducing miles as long as they don't give you a hard time for not meeting their percentages.

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

Rainman

Its all good.
The ash-holes with the suits and ties need to stop trying to make our jobs easier, because every time they touch something they make it worse! Cutting trips, adding work, and useless technology that doesn't factor in blown-out package cars is just stupid. This company is in for a sad reality in the near future when they literally break our will to work, and no one will want to pit up with this constant BS.
Since when has anyone tried to make things easier? "Labor saving" devices don't save labor, they just make you more efficient so you can labor more. Nothing is more important than the immediate bottom line, not even the future of the company.

Rainman

Its all good.
It's a similar situation... If you know the area well Edd is a great tool as long as you're not held to a compliance percentage. Orion is a decent tool for reducing miles as long as they don't give you a hard time for not meeting their percentages.

Orion is great about 80% of the time. Too bad we can't be right only 80% of the time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Try to find packages on the 6000 shelf in a bricked out package car while you're trying to run your air. Sounds like a great idea.

How do you work out that kink? Driver Release and having NDA as a comparison to climbing over your load to try and find a package when its in the back of the truck?

I'd say 75% of the routes I cover have bulk stops that make up the entire aisle of the package car.
That's simple. Load it in order of delivery. Which is an upgrade coming this year.

The problem is the system should of never been implemented until they could do it this way.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Here's the problem. Holding drivers to an arbitrary number which rarely works out.

If you want the drivers to make the decisions on what stops to get when to be most efficient then why waste the money Orion. Just let the drivers do their jobs.