make ups deliver conference call

Inthegame

I am a southern redneck, with ancesters that were hillbillys. Please don't insult us by lumping Hoffa SUX in with us. That would be like saying anyone that lives in Cali acts like Lindsey Lohan. Too much man, too much.
From what I've read, "redneck" was the term company goons and strikebreakers used derisively against the union coal miners during strikes because they wore red bandanas around their necks or arms as a show of solidarity. If you're a redneck, you're OK in my book.

Justaname

Actually, it's a ploy to get you to give them-
Your Name:
Phone Number:
Email:
Local:
Address:
City:
State:
Then you get a code to get on the call? LOL
Hmmmm, I wonder why all the "hoops" to go through for getting the info out to the members? If people can't see through the smoke and mirrors, they need a bit more help. Also, if you join TDU now you get $10 off your "donation"!! Hahaha!
10 dollars!!! Oh boy!!

InsideUPS

Not sure of the call. TDU is pushing for a strike. It's part of their plot to help tear down the union. They are masking this as a "stick together" plan. 25 years ago they had a place to help some folks but it wasn't paying the bills for Paff. He made a few bucks with Carey BUT, collecting monies via grants from the AUD and RTW is much more lucrative.

At this point, there is no reason to involve outside influences especially if there are political motives involved. I personally am not a member of TDU nor do I condone any efforts from anyone trying to undermine the employees of UPS. This is certainly a difficult and tense time at UPS with many livelihoods at stake.

I believe most of us employees share similar goals at UPS; come to work, do our job without harassment, do our job without fear of being fired, and without spending 10+ hours in a package car for those of you that drive. The part-time simply want a fair hourly rate, no health benefit reductions, and an opportunity to share in full time employment in a timely and fair manner (not a 4 year progression for example). For the retirees..., we need to represent them also considering we all plan on retiring from UPS someday.

Our contracts have become complicated and full of loopholes that often end up in an endless grievance process without resolve. UPS has deep pockets and can delay grievances until the grievant finally gives up. Who really has the money to incur a job loss while a grievance is being contested? Only the most tenacious of UPS employees usually survive the grievance process. For those of you who disagree, please put yourself in the shoes of the "other" person that may be in a different local, etc.. Not everyone is as well connected as some of you.

So...in summary and back to the point....I believe the ONLY reason people migrate to TDU is for information...myself included. I said it before and I'll say it again, our IBT needs to improve communication between the members and those that are in charge of our Union. Members today interpret silence and poor communication as "trying to hide something"....... The IBT underestimated how many disgruntled employees there really are....let's hope this second round of discussions truly addresses the concerns of those employees.

ups clerk

Not sure of the call. TDU is pushing for a strike. It's part of their plot to help tear down the union. They are masking this as a "stick together" plan. 25 years ago they had a place to help some folks but it wasn't paying the bills for Paff. He made a few bucks with Carey BUT, collecting monies via grants from the AUD and RTW is much more lucrative.
That is not gonna happen. I got an email from my BA that the Union and the Company have agreed to extend the contract, meaning come the AUG 1, deadline we will work without a contract until this gets resolved. Any raise we get we will get it retroactively. As I had said on previous posts, UPS and the union want this contract passed. However if it is voted down the second time..or is it the third time, we will have a right to take a strike vote according to the Union constitution or bylaws. We'll see if the Union has any gonads to do that.

Wait till its about January and we are still waiting for ratification. These guys living pay check to pay check will want that raise. I bet they'll vote yes then.

kingOFchester

I believe most of us employees share similar goals at UPS; come to work,
I am with you.
do our job without harassment
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH Not going to happen
do our job without fear of being fired,
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH Not happening
and without spending 10+ hours in a package car for those of you that drive.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA Not happening
The part-time simply want a fair hourly rate
HAHAHAHAHHAHAH Not happening
no health benefit reductions,
AHAHHAHAHAHAHA Already lost that one.
opportunity to share in full time employment in a timely and fair manner (not a 4 year progression for example).
AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH That will be 4 years after waiting 10 years to even get a shot at the 4 year wait.
For the retirees..., we need to represent them also considering we all plan on retiring from UPS someday.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Majority could care less about an old retired fart.
.[/QUOTE]
Our contracts have become complicated and full of loopholes that often end up in an endless grievance process without resolve. UPS has deep pockets and canour IBT needs to improve communication between the members and those that are in charge of our Union. Members today interpret silence and poor communication as "trying to hide something"....... The IBT underestimated how many disgruntled employees there really are....let's hope this second round of discussions truly addresses the concerns of those employees.

I would be happy to share a beer with you!

IzzyTheNose

Ok but this place is crawling with FREAKIN IDIOTS. Look around

jesus-facepalm.jpg
jesus-facepalm.jpg