Making a stop one of your last

Turtle17

If this was done with management by your side. What would he have said then. Are we not on a time limit " to get in and get out". ????!!! 5 min wait no go. !!! Sorry sir we as UPS drivers do not have five seconds!!! Much less dive minutes!!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

FilingBluesFL

They're as bad as the daily jerkoffs that call in BS concerns about not getting a delivery notice, and that we never knocked or rang the bell. Then you go there the next day and they're holding the notice, and say "My bell is broken", "I wasn't home", or "Sorry I didn't hear you". Why call in a lying concern then?! Jerkoffs, all of them.

The route I did on Friday has a jerkoff like this.

Guy doesn't have hours posted on his doors, front or back.

So in the past, I'd knock and bang on the back door, no one would answer, so I'd go around to the front, knock and bang on that one, fill out info notice, and then take off. CLO1.

Jerk would call up the center, LITERALLY screaming and yelling about how I didn't go there, and he needed his packages RIGHT NOW. The guy is just absolutely unable to be pleased. So after yelling and screaming, he'd then go flying around the delivery area, looking for me, and demand his packages, and I'd let him take them and load them in his truck.

So Friday, he wasn't there by 11am. So screw it, I stacked his four huge boxes of t-shirts outside his door, DR'ed them as front door, take off.

Of course the guy could not be pleased, so he apparently called in screaming and yelling and raising hell because his stuff was there waiting for him when he got there.

Some people... just need to find a nice, tall bridge.

BrownArmy

Speaking of tips...

A few Peaks ago, I had a resi-stop in the 8000 section, Pottery Barn up the back-door every day, multiple packages, over-70's, call-tags every other day (oak vs. cherry?)...

I finally get a sig-req package.

Guy tells me thanks for all my hard work for his internet-happy wife, tries to hand me $2, tells me to 'buy a cup of coffee'.

I told him we weren't allowed to accept tips.

Guy lives in a $500K house, tries to give me $2.

Not even.

Marne Vet

Speaking of tips...

A few Peaks ago, I had a resi-stop in the 8000 section, Pottery Barn up the back-door every day, multiple packages, over-70's, call-tags every other day (oak vs. cherry?)...

I finally get a sig-req package.

Guy tells me thanks for all my hard work for his internet-happy wife, tries to hand me $2, tells me to 'buy a cup of coffee'.

I told him we weren't allowed to accept tips.

Guy lives in a $500K house, tries to give me $2.

Not even.

Yeah, a lady that gets deliveries EVERY stinking day handed me a card one Peak that was empty. Just a damn card. You spend money on a stupid Hallmark, but can't just give me the $3 for a drink and a snack?! I tore that card apart and threw it away. Some people are clueless. Your card isn't a nice gesture. Buying me lunch is. I don't need your witty choice of poetic thanks written in New Times Roman font. I'll take a $1 for a soft pretzel, and you can save $2 next year. :censored2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Send again? No way, it goes to will call. No time to sign? Cool, when they have the time, they can go pick up their stuff at the building. I guarantee, he will change his efforts to get you moving. NI1, in this scenario, is technically dishonesty. We get paid by the minute, remember?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The route I did on Friday has a jerkoff like this.

Guy doesn't have hours posted on his doors, front or back.

So in the past, I'd knock and bang on the back door, no one would answer, so I'd go around to the front, knock and bang on that one, fill out info notice, and then take off. CLO1.

Jerk would call up the center, LITERALLY screaming and yelling about how I didn't go there, and he needed his packages RIGHT NOW. The guy is just absolutely unable to be pleased. So after yelling and screaming, he'd then go flying around the delivery area, looking for me, and demand his packages, and I'd let him take them and load them in his truck.

So Friday, he wasn't there by 11am. So screw it, I stacked his four huge boxes of t-shirts outside his door, DR'ed them as front door, take off.

Of course the guy could not be pleased, so he apparently called in screaming and yelling and raising hell because his stuff was there waiting for him when he got there.

Some people... just need to find a nice, tall bridge.

By sheeting the shop as CLO 1 you are telling us that this is a commercial stop. Driver release is not allowed at a commercial stop. What would have happened had the 4 boxes of T-shirts disappeared? I disagree with the first concern but absolutely agree with the second one.

The good thing about Telematics is that it will not only show our location it will also show how long we were there. It takes time to bang on both the front and back doors and to then fill out a delivery notice and Telematics will support your contention that you did all that you could to make contact with the customer.

We are not going to please all of the customers all of the time but there are many examples in this thread where we clearly could have done a better job.

FilingBluesFL

By sheeting the shop as CLO 1 you are telling us that this is a commercial stop. Driver release is not allowed at a commercial stop. What would have happened had the 4 boxes of T-shirts disappeared? I disagree with the first concern but absolutely agree with the second one.

Four 60 pound boxes of t-shirts are not going to disappear. I can promise you that.

I worked as instructed due to previous encounters with this guy. And he still had to complain.

wayfair

swollen member
Yeah, a lady that gets deliveries EVERY stinking day handed me a card one Peak that was empty. Just a damn card. You spend money on a stupid Hallmark, but can't just give me the $3 for a drink and a snack?! I tore that card apart and threw it away. Some people are clueless. Your card isn't a nice gesture. Buying me lunch is. I don't need your witty choice of poetic thanks written in New Times Roman font. I'll take a $1 for a soft pretzel, and you can save $2 next year. :censored2:

really?? you make $32 an hour and don't have change for a pretzel????

Marne Vet

really?? you make $32 an hour and don't have change for a pretzel????

That's not the friend'ing point. This lady gets crap every day. Monday through Friday all year round. Medicine, HSN, QVC, you name it. She got me a card. Excuse me while I sound a little jaded that I don't need a :censored2: card. I'd rather have a $1, and no, some days I do not have change for a pretzel because I pack my lunch, and try not to spend money on the road like I used to because it's a huge waste of money. Keep the card, give me a $1. My opinion, and .02 on the subject. /End

wayfair

swollen member
That's not the friend'ing point. This lady gets crap every day. Monday through Friday all year round. Medicine, HSN, QVC, you name it. She got me a card. Excuse me while I sound a little jaded that I don't need a :censored2: card. I'd rather have a $1, and no, some days I do not have change for a pretzel because I pack my lunch, and try not to spend money on the road like I used to because it's a huge waste of money. Keep the card, give me a $1. My opinion, and .02 on the subject. /End

what's it to you , you're getting paid regardless, enjoy the praise from folks, they could be throwing eggs at you, no , she thought out a nice plan to brighten a drivers day.... and you :censored2: it up.... " I wanna pretzel".... wow....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would be more upset at being handed a dollar than I would if I were handed a card with a heartfelt "thanks for your service" handwritten on the inside. I am a 53 year old man----what the hell am I going to do with a dollar? Save that for when the grandkids come over.

Island

honestly I can't really understand some of the gift rage. it's a card, someone bought it for you. why be furious about it? so they didn't buy you a car, well... thinking like that is indication of an utter lack of personal virtue. I bet you go to the mall to punch out the mall santa because your xmas wasn't good enough, either.
if I were a driver and I relaxed my opinion about not taking tips, I'd accept a dollar or two for a drink.
I don't agree with upstate on much but as a person who has worked in various industries, I have never intentionally given someone less service just because they didn't tip me, or didn't tip me very well. If your center caught wind of you giving poor service because your tips weren't good enough, I imagine you'd be in some hot water. As I said I would never let my center know about tips to begin with, that adds a whole level of politics to a job that shouldn't involve tips at all.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Because I don't have a route of my own, I rarely receive tips or gratuities. Usually(during peak) what is handed to me is intended for the regular guy. I dutifully pass them on to who it was intended for.
The other day, though, something exceptional happened. I stopped at a house for a call tag pickup. Talked with the lady of the house and she said she would have it ready the next day. The next day there it was sitting on her porch. On top of the box was a Pepsi and a hand full of Hershey Kisses all done up in a little bag. I appreciated her efforts to make my day better.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I would be more upset at being handed a dollar than I would if I were handed a card with a heartfelt "thanks for your service" handwritten on the inside. I am a 53 year old man----what the hell am I going to do with a dollar? Save that for when the grandkids come over.
A mini mart at the end of my route has delicious cookies 2 for a dollar.