Making book?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by you aint even know it, Jan 5, 2014.

1. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

Does anyone know the locals that approved the extended free period? What if a seasonal package handler continues to work? Has he made book?

2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

If a seasonal package handler is still working after Christmas he must be doing a pretty good job. I would thing the boss wants to keep him.

3. you aint even know it

Ahhh, not really. It's actually more than one. It's like two who almost get called in everyday. Once they have made book, they better have work to give them! I'll even go out of my way and count there days for them and bring them to the hall once they have made book.

4. you aint even know it

They think they can over-staff the area like that and send them home even before break, that's just wrong.

5. PT Car Washer

Yeah, Twi does that all the time. Have one high seniority guy that does not even get his 750 hours a year in. Our preload is still working double shifters almost every day.

6. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

Nice to see there are still TEAMsters.

Talk to your steward and file on their behalf.

7. you aint even know it

I don't have any steward. He's a joke.

8. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I think the new contract language extends it two week after the week of New Years. You local had to approve this because we are working under the old agreement.

9. ChickenLegs

Oh. I'm sure you know this but you can file without one

10. you aint even know it

So although we are working under the old contract, the new extended free period is in effect right?

11. you aint even know it

It will just make matters worse, they'll just fire them in retaliation.

12. PT Car Washer

What is it we are filing on?

13. ChickenLegs

Its a interpretation issue. The company wants to operate under the new contract now that it benefits them

14. ChickenLegs

Not if you prove the termination was in retaliation. They are getting laid off anyway if you don't step up to the plate

15. PT Car Washer

OK. But how does the union hall interpret the agreement? Kind of hard to file without the halls backing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. ChickenLegs

Unless they made an official agreement (doubt it )they should be backing you ain't even know it.

And if there was an unofficial back door agreement...that's up to you if you want to go head to head with your local

17. you aint even know it

Absolutely not. Don't want to piss off the ones who are going to fight for my job if I ever get canned. If I was a ft driver making that big buck, I wouldn't think twice about doing it, because I could always hire a good lawyer.

18. you aint even know it

I'll call my local and ask them about it.

19. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Yes. Why does it say troll under your name??

20. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Under the new contract, it's extended to jan 15th. We're still working under the old contract, which I believe is Jan 1st. But I would call Neil O. to confirm.....