Making my house a pick up account

Re-Raise

I live on my route about 5 miles out of town. I always have a few rural route deliveries near my home that I would go out and deliver around noon so I could take my lunch at my house. Orion doesn't seem to care much about my lunch plans.

I am considering setting up my home as a pick up account with a noon commit. I would probably gain 20 minutes of overtime a day driving out there and back at $52 an hour for a profit of $17 a day or $85 a week. I am guessing pick up accounts cost about $15 to $20 a week, so I am thinking my plan=winner!

I live on my route about 5 miles out of town. I always have a few rural route deliveries near my home that I would go out and deliver around noon so I could take my lunch at my house. Orion doesn't seem to care much about my lunch plans.

I am considering setting up my home as a pick up account with a noon commit. I would probably gain 20 minutes of overtime a day driving out there and back at $52 an hour for a profit of $17 a day or $85 a week. I am guessing pick up accounts cost about $15 to $20 a week, so I am thinking my plan=winner!
Will you call a complaint in on yourself?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Make yourself a smart pickup so you have flexibility, it's counts in ORION in miles regardless if it's a Y or N, if you care about that kind of crap of course.

Browntown2014

Lol! Genius

JL 0513

The main issue of course is that they'd see right through your plan. It's pretty obvious with the noon commit and all. I doubt anyone has ever tried this so who knows how they would handle it.

The logic of gaining much time driving out there wouldn't hold with Orion. Orion's solution would simply redirect all surrounding stops around your house during that time of day anyway. So it really is still money out of your pocket paying for a p/u. And you're still working/driving. It's not "profit".

The more sensible way would be to use the flexibility given to you. You don't have to follow Orion 100%. Try to work in some smart breaks and adjustments to direct yourself to your area mid-day. Hard to know if that's possible but if you were doing it before Orion I imagine you could work it in similarly.

Just try to keep your mileage in check and management likely won't talk to you about Orion or your strategic adjustments.

UPSGUY72

Here is your problem Orion is going to change it's solution based on when that pick time is scheduled.

Last edited:

watdaflock?

I would probably gain 20 minutes of overtime a day driving out there and back at $52 an hour for a profit of $17 a day or $85 a week. I am guessing pick up accounts cost about $15 to $20 a week, so I am thinking my plan=winner!
Imagine that. Another driver who's overpaid and dishonest, coming up with ways to take more unearned $ from the company.
Thank goodness you're protected by a union.

kingOFchester

Imagine that. Another driver who's overpaid and dishonest, coming up with ways to take more unearned $ from the company.
Thank goodness you're protected by a union.

Imagine that. How many times have we heard or seen personally an overpaid manager/sup/suit doing something dishonest and coming up with ways to fudge numbers to earn more bonus for "hitting their numbers?"

Come on dude, both sides have a fair share of immoral personalities, just as both sides have a fair share of honest employees just trying to make a living doing the right thing. Don't paint with such a broad brush.