mall routes...love them or hate them.

tourists24

Ive been at UPS almost 20 years now and have spent about half of my driving years on a mall route and love it for the most part. No dirt roads, no dogs, no 8 mailboxes with one driveway, who cares if you're out when it gets dark, route hardly ever changes day to day. There are drawbacks (pulling carts and a LOT of walking) but the day tends to go faster for me when Im go go go and get to make a lot of people contact.

bugman74

my day goes real fast usually in by five, yes thats right five! my helper is the my loader, so he has a real interest in how the it gets loaded. The weather is the big issue for me though, I am watching the news today and dreading going in. For anyone in the Philly area that watches channel six, the camera that they show for AC, at Ceasars is right where I park. Nice fifty mile an hour winds today, Yeah! As for the EDD, that has always sucked because the whole truck is 7000.

McBrown

Slave To The Grind
I covered the mall route in our center only a few times. It's classified as a "training area" in our center. Thankfully I didn't train on it. The few times I did cover, I hated it! The customers watch you unload their jeans and t-shirts and could care less how much you have! It's all about where they want you to off-load! Pisses me off though!

outamyway

outta, how many routes does las vegas center run???? You guys must be one of the fastest growing cities in the country....one more thing, how do you handle the heat, is there any compassion from mgt on those 110 degree days to get you all in at a reasonable time??

Our center in particular isn't growing as much as the others. But we get the whole strip, conventions and all those malls to worry about. We have about 50 drivers(give or take a few) in our center, and 10 air drivers. The conventions and hotels get a ton of stuff sent EAM and almost all of the have a 10:30 air run. Otherwise, the full timers would have way to much air.

Compassion? That's a good one.LOL

I'm used to the heat. If it ever rains though, the heat AND humidity will kick my ass.