Management board

pretzel_man

There hasn't been a "partner" in UPS for a long time now. "UPS Mgmt" is a better name for this forum.

Technically, once UPS became a public company we were no longer partners.

You are correct that the term also started sllipping from our vocabulary.

Many of us old timers still use the term and do our best to treat management as partners.

I'm glad they decided to call the board what they did.

rod

Retired 22 years
According to the friends I still have at UPS the local center manager is not a "partner" and in the true meaning of the word he isn't even a "manager" --- a more correct term woild be :puppet:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since Cheryl is in the mood to add new forums, may I suggest adding a forum devoted to UPS Retirees. I know what you're thinking but I am serious. This forum could help those who are already retired by perhaps comparing notes with other retirees as to how they handled the transition to retirement and how they are dealing with being retired. It could also be used to discuss the financial aspects of retirement as well as the medical issues associated with retirement. For example, is it wise to take Social Security when you first become eligible or is it best to wait until you must begin taking it and what are some of the factors that may go in to making that decision. How do I choose a Medicare option or at what point should I tap my 401k and what are the tax implications involved. Another topic of discussion could be the pros and cons of working during retirement. Finally, this forum could offer advice to a current employee as they begin their transition in to retirement. There could be links to articles and websites dedicated to retirees and those making the transition to retirement. There are a myriad of topics associated with retirement that could be discussed in this forum.