Management by Acronym

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ever notice that most of our "leadership" comes down by way of the almighty acronym? DRA, PSP, and all of the rest of them ad nauseum.
So, instead of coming-up with real solutions and intelligent decision-making, they create a new acronym, which we must, of course, embrace and fulfill with every ounce of our being. Invariably, it's not well thought out, tends to be blanket (all-encompassing) in nature, and wrong for many locations.

For all the world, it really sounds like this is the way the Memphoids "solve" problems and issues in the field.

This is a poor excuse for true leadership.

Broke

Ever notice that most of our "leadership" comes down by way of the almighty acronym? DRA, PSP, and all of the rest of them ad nauseum.
So, instead of coming-up with real solutions and intelligent decision-making, they create a new acronym, which we must, of course, embrace and fulfill with every ounce of our being. Invariably, it's not well thought out, tends to be blanket (all-encompassing) in nature, and wrong for many locations.

For all the world, it really sounds like this is the way the Memphoids "solve" problems and issues in the field.

Yeah, this is one screwed up company. It's almost comical listening to management speak about anything.

zapmail

Have you guys seen the supplies with the acronym LMFAO? Absolutely no joke. Ive seen them in our supply cage, very large shipping boxes. I forgot what it stands for but its on there. What genius idiot came up with this one?

FedExRookie

The military uses acronyms along with many other businesses, more so than Fedex, so is this just another rant or is there some substance to this post that has gone over my head?

zapmail

Look at it this way rookie- FedEx uses acronyms like David Copperfield uses slight of hand. It's all smoke and mirrors to take your eyes off what's actually taking place. Presto.

vantexan

Have you guys seen the supplies with the acronym LMFAO? Absolutely no joke. Ive seen them in our supply cage, very large shipping boxes. I forgot what it stands for but its on there. What genius idiot came up with this one?

​Probably an office dweller who figured management wouldn't get it!

Disgruntled2

Mr. FedEX,

Would you or someone please define what the meaning of all of the acronyms are? Would be helpful to Newbies!

hypo hanna

I don't think the acronyms are as much the problem as the assumption by Memphoids that everyone in the field knows what they mean. When I was in dispatch I would get emails that had been forwarded around by various departments and by the time it was sent to me I could not decipher what it is they wanted.