Management by stress

Brownsfan

http://www.tdu.org/news/top-10-tips-protecting-yourself-harassment

I stayed up till 2am last night reading all about managment by stress. It was so eye opening cause i always knew I was being manipulated, I just wasn't sure how. Now I know what it's called, management by stress.
Chaos is a great tool to use because no one in their right mind would use it morally and ethically to mind control another person.
The lack of drivers, route cutting, getting out late, 25 more stops than you can get done. The creepy feeling you got when telematics were installed, the tension in the air, It feels like an ojs everyday.
Its pure capitalistic genius. Aka weapon of mass production.

Last edited:

Brownsfan

A recycled TDU article with a new wrapper explaining how best to keep one's job at UPS.

It's still helpful to people who are being harassed or caught up in it all.
Our building just got a new center manager and he's all about management by stress. It's so obvious. I hope enjoys the mountain of grievances that will be coming his way.​

Last edited:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

It's still helpful to people who are being harassed or caught up in it all.
Are Our building just got a new center manager and he's all about management by stress. It's so obvious. I hope enjoys the mountain of grievances that will be coming his way.​

You're Welcome

calcio56

That second article was way better and the "green light" example hit the nail on the head, or at least put the box on the stoop.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Here's an even better read. This article goes in depth all about the theory of management by stress. It amazes me how heartless some people are in this world. http://www.multinationalmonitor.org/hyper/issues/1990/01/slaughter.html
That's what happens when you sell your soul to go into supervision. Knowing you could lose your job in the blink of an eye(NOT STANDING UP FOR SUPES) but would turn a lot of people into a self centered, selfish prickdick mother. That's precisely the reason why you don't go into management. No incentive at all. Nothing but stress and negatives to even remotely move into those positions.

Brownsfan

You don't need superballs, with a strong union in your corner.

Sent using a Potato
Right you are. Once you figure out the phycological warfare they're using on you, it gives you the edge. If you read the second article I posted you will see that it says" management by stress doesn't work in a strong union environment. That's why they flood your brain with all these methods so you can't think straight. You get twisted. Hell everything they do is a tactic.

1. Ask for an 8 hour day, they dispatch you with a 9.

2 they refuse to do realistic time studies that way your always doubting yourself.

3. Constantly changing the safety rules, methods, and procedures.

4. Plus or minus 15 mins pickups one year the next year it doesn't matter.

5. Get on the 9.5 list and they send you out with a 10 hour day, and then get pissed when you need help.

6. 360 methods! We drive a freaking truck and deliver boxes. The over complication is intentional. On and on and on.

Its all orchestrated chaos.

I'm done.i deliver everything everyday as it is. From now on I'm working at my own pace. One I can retire at and not looking at there stupid numbers. I'm done!