management changing time cards

brownproof

I am a pre-loader. I am often asked to drive in the morning they send me home to change and shave. Since i am fairly new, I am always riding with a supervisor. The supervisor asks how much time i had off between preload and driver start time. It is usually around thirty minutes . After reviewing my time one week i found out my time was short. I took a 30 minute lunch with the sup. the sup. went into the system and changed my lunch from 30 min. to an hour. I thought this couldn't be the first time this has happened. Another supervisor had looked back and found out other times have been changed. I have told i would be compensated but i am pissed they would do that in the first place . I work as hard as i can every time i'm working and for them to do this i feel a betrayed. i haven't told any union stewart yet. And am looking for advice from anyone willing to give it. The biggest thing is i am begging to get my seniority as a cover driver and don't want to stir the pot too much because my main priority is to get my seniority and go full time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you sure the sup wasn't simply adding the 30 minutes it takes you to go home and shave to the 30 minute lunch?

Why don't you shave before work, change in the locker room and start right after preload?

brownproof

I punch out from the preload to go home and get ready then punch back in with the diad when i get back to the building. I also never know when i am driving.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Who has control of the Diad. R u entering the lunch time on the Daid or is the Sup. The sup could be entering a one hour lunch in the Diad and you are just taking 1/2 hour. Next time look to see what time is enter in the Diad.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I punch out from the preload to go home and get ready then punch back in with the diad when i get back to the building. I also never know when i am driving.

If it were me I would keep my browns in my car, shave before work every day and tell my sup that I can run air if he needs me. There may be days when they can't wait for you to go home and shave and they use somebody else.

brownproof

I am in control of the diad. That is how i found out my times have been changed. In the computer it shows the time the diad has punched for lunch and the times that have been manually changed at the computer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would first ask my sup for an explanation of the time card change. If he is unwilling to or if his explanation doesn't hold water I would file a grievance. Keep in mind that doing so may put an end to your air driving.

over9five

Staff member
I agree with bringing a uniform and a shaver to work. Don't even mention the "G" word, forget about any time you've already lost. No reason to stir the pot before you get seniority.

brownproof

Thats fine then I wont drive. I am not asking for advice about how to keep them from cheating me. I am asking advice on how to deal with it.

UPSGUY72

I am a pre-loader. I am often asked to drive in the morning they send me home to change and shave. Since i am fairly new, I am always riding with a supervisor. The supervisor asks how much time i had off between preload and driver start time. It is usually around thirty minutes . After reviewing my time one week i found out my time was short. I took a 30 minute lunch with the sup. the sup. went into the system and changed my lunch from 30 min. to an hour. I thought this couldn't be the first time this has happened. Another supervisor had looked back and found out other times have been changed. I have told i would be compensated but i am pissed they would do that in the first place . I work as hard as i can every time i'm working and for them to do this i feel a betrayed. i haven't told any union stewart yet. And am looking for advice from anyone willing to give it. The biggest thing is i am begging to get my seniority as a cover driver and don't want to stir the pot too much because my main priority is to get my seniority and go full time.

In your Area like mine your required to take a 1 hour lunch whether or not you take it or all of it is up to you in just needs to be in the board... If you work thought it or part of your giving the company back money. Next time your driving take your full lunch and don't do any work. If your with a SUP and he says lets only take a 30 minute lunch ask him if he is going to pay you for your other 30 minutes if he says no take the FULL hour and relax.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was told that my time off in the morning would be added to my lunch. and i did not need to take the full hour.

Was your start time the time that you came back to the building or was it the same as the other drivers? If it was the same as the other drivers then your sup is correct--if it was the time you came back from changing then you sup is shorting you 30 minutes.

UPSGUY72

I was told that my time off in the morning would be added to my lunch. and i did not need to take the full hour.

Apparently you didn't explain to your SUP that you punched out when you went home to get changed. You have to have 1 hour in the DIAD for your lunch you didn't your SUP changed it....