management changing time cards

brownIEman

Of coarse not i don't expect to be paid for the time i go shave and change. If i take 30 mins to drive home and change (while punched out) , they say i have 30 mins. left for lunch. i take my 30 mins for lunch and after i punch out my time is changed, in the computer to an hour lunch, by management. My point is i am short pay. I want to drive but am never told when i will have the chance to until i am working the preload.

Ok, I was not sure due to your statement about getting preload pay for 30 min. Vs driver pay.

You should speak to the supervisor you rode with. Ask him how your lunch got changed to 1 hour from .5. He may not be the one making the changes. It may be drivers are required to take an hour lunch in your center, and someone is automatically codeing in an hour for drivers that fail to do so. This is obviously wrong, and should not be the way that is handled, but sometimes it is.

Talk to that supervisor. I would advise you not to be accusatory, but absolutely be firm that you want to be paid for the time you worked. As I said, it is very likely the supervisor you rode with was not the one that changed the timecard. This is an oportunity to build positive relationships with on roads supervisors you will be working with when you go driving. You indicated you were told you will be paid for the time. If you are not, absolutely start the grievance process by speaking with your steward.

kingOFchester

I agree with bringing a uniform and a shaver to work. Don't even mention the "G" word, forget about any time you've already lost. No reason to stir the pot before you get seniority.

And if we had a strong union, this should not be a problem. And yes, we are the union so that makes us not strong.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you spend more than 50% of our time doing air driving vs preload, your pay for all time should be at the higher rate. Bring your clothes everyday, and keep a razor with those clothes. Do it at the building. If there is a discrepancy that isn't resolved, remember payroll grievances are eligible for double pay. That should be a last resort, though(unfortunately).

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oops. Must have mixed up my threads. Still, he needs to have his browns with him every day, just in case. That is very important.

UPSER110

Also you said preload pay and driver pay. As soon as you deliver a ground package you should be paid the whole day, including preload, at cover driver wage. Atleast that's how it is around here.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Cover it up. That is number 1 habit amongest management.

That's bull*****.
It should be, but-in my experience- it's not. It's shameful what some of the managers in outlying centers do to make the DM happy. It's shameful what the DM expects it's managers to do to make the God-forsaken number. All because of a stupid number on a scroll on the bottom of Fox Business. Shameful.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Also you said preload pay and driver pay. As soon as you deliver a ground package you should be paid the whole day, including preload, at cover driver wage. Atleast that's how it is around here.
Here, we have to work 50 % or more of the day at the higher rate to be eligible for the whole day paid at that rate. If an air driver drops a ground package, it's automatic top pay, also. But, that's in the Upstate/Western NY area.

UPSER110

Here, we have to work 50 % or more of the day at the higher rate to be eligible for the whole day paid at that rate. If an air driver drops a ground package, it's automatic top pay, also. But, that's in the Upstate/Western NY area.

Well if you deliver a ground wouldn't you be guaranteed your 8 hours as a driver? I understand the 50% as an air driver but ground changes the rules right?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Well if you deliver a ground wouldn't you be guaranteed your 8 hours as a driver? I understand the 50% as an air driver but ground changes the rules right?
Off the top of my head, what you say seems correct. But, it is specifically written in the air driver clause about the top rate.