"Management doesn't have to care about people, just numbers." - Laguna Brown

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
glad I'm retired............this pissin' match is worse than the ongoing presidential sword fight

It's very similar.

I long ago made peace with my role as a subordinate.
It was only in the last 10 years that I realized that I didn't have to eat **** in the process.

BCFan

Too long too quiet for me. I think the folks at corporate are basically good people. Families , activities , church , and career.... However,like the translation of the bible it loses something from the original Hebrew to English. Same goes with the way the center managers and below sups act,these guys really don't care about anything but meeting some unrealistic goal that everyone else knows is only a pipe dream. It's up to the good men and women of the Teamster's to guide and direct these misguided souls toward the correct path. BTW every day I hear Georgia stocks recap and Coke can be down and Home Depot can be down and Georgia Pacific can be down but by George UPS IS ALWAYS UP! By the sweat and hard work of the hourly employees not the jack legs in Sandy Springs...... THE MORE THEY MAKE THE MORE WE TAKE.......BC

robot

Has A Large Member
We wish, Upper Management is always harping on us and harassing us to care about our people. I get so tired of this ... I wish they could give us robots. Robots don't whine and bitch all the time ... employees are always wanting something. I just listen to them and say, "I'll get back to you." LOL ... I never do. If they ask 3 times, I will finally respond. Just pests! Can't they see I don't care? Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant. Thanks to Laguna Brown for inspiring this thread.
you rang??

nicky

I have a severe case of could care less. I used to, I really did but the constant PCM's of dont be teh one to get fired today, retarded splits in my dispatch, eating lunch with a driver who is done and going home while I go over 9.5, getting written up for scanning while at idle(against contract but they dont care), having to finish loading my car then fuel it, and generally as a driver being held to a higher standard than anyone else in the building has left me completely void of care for some time now.

So I dont need my management to care about me, because as one manager put it... "we arent here to make the customers happy, we're here to make numbers"

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Management doesn't care about me? It's going to take you guys a lot longer to catch up to the amount I've not cared since I've been here.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
that's the worst idea i've heard this week. why the **** would UPS try to slow down its best drivers??

most of the people i've seen injured or go on disability were the ones that whined about safety and harassment and moved slower than molasses

stop hiding behind safety because you're slow or lazy

Your full of $#!t. threw out!!!! 1ST off. I'm far from slow as I have managers crying about how they can't keep up with my walk pace. My brisk walk is probably your full sprint. I get high #'s but I also know what the **** it takes 2 get the #'s asked so I woke up. I work with safety and productivity in mind and not JUST #'s in mind now.

They do have something to prove if they cry about safety and they have yet to pull it off !!!!!!!!!!!

Practice what you preach!!!! If you can't produce good, legit, #'s with safety in mind then shut the crap up 7 adjust it cause if not, you are gonna have bad #'s baby. I'm not going to get into an accident or injury just to pull off the quota !!!!!!!

I popped my ankle tearing cartilage and it aches 2 yrs after and yet didn't even blink, still pulled good #'s that day!!!! I was a fool then and believed in #'s. Where did that get me. No where, same crap different day !

So, if they want 2 have control of time allowance then they need to prove it can be done without the freaking short cuts, cheats like pick-updeliver together like my managers DO!!!!!!!!! and keep it safe.

I'll let you get fired for not having Good #'s control of your drivers b4 I get fired 4 an accident !!!!!!!!!!!

Call me slow and it shows your mouth is moving without any process of intellect !!!!!! You don't know.!!!!

I've had MANAGERS NAIL road signs close to curb, freaking basketball hoops and fake breaks while burning deliveries with the customer pick-ups and still not scratch a rt. It proves to me right there that it's all B.S. and I think you need some T.P. to wipe off that crap coming outta your MOUTH !!!!!!

We as a company HAVE A HUGE RESPONSABILITY TO OUR DRIVERS , COMMUNITIES, AND OUR COSTUMERS !!!!! That's why I don't give a crap how much $$$ they make off the runner gunners !!!!!!!

I lost any possable respect 4 you!!!!!!! You couldn't keep up with me on my worst day son !!! Don't call me slow when you don't know!!!

I work alot safer now and at least I'm honest enough to admit it!!! It's called being accountable!!!!

If my kids were to ever come in jeopordy cause UPS has one of our swing,cover,seasonal guys running like a fool out there, I would hit the company, and the managers personally with every thing Igot and I would use their #'s and telematics AGAINST THEM!!!!! That data works both ways and a subpoena would make that happen !!!!! Even long after I were to be fired or quit, I would still know about that INTEL and could effectively use it against them just as much as they do against US!!!!!!!!

Don't even think you can support the unsafe driver and think u ain't gonna catch a little flack!!!!!