Management EBO-Rumor

tieguy

Banned
About time, though admittedly so many people are leaving, (Especially young talent) so many others have absolutely ZERO initiative, AND FedEx is giving theirs back, that they pretty much had to give them back.

Based on "talk" half our work group was going to leave if raises didn't come back this year. UPS wants attrition, but not attrition at that speed

I always admired people that have the guts to leave during a recession.

Is it better to have no job with no raise or a job with no raise?:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
The EBO is rumored to be a combination of 80 years (age plus years of service). This would "push" those that are shy a few years of service but have the age. People like "He whose name we do not mention" came from another company to UPS and could be one of those that would benefit from this type of package.

I could be wrong but I don't see it. It would make too many people in their early fifties elligible for retirement.

The problem in todays world may bethat there are many management that have hit the age of 55 and are staying due to the economy tanking. I know of at least five in my district when there was a time no one stayed.

D

Dis-organized Labor

The only Confirmed EBO that we know of and have confirmed is that UPSSOCKS has been offered $1.3B payable over 4 years with a condition that he never Posts on BC again.
The negotiations are on-going........Let's pray for the best!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

upsgrunt

The only Confirmed EBO that we know of and have confirmed is that UPSSOCKS has been offered $1.3B payable over 4 years with a condition that he never Posts on BC again.
The negotiations are on-going........Let's pray for the best!!!

He is your "partner"-you pay him, and maybe quit positive repping him.

UPSSOCKS

I'm telling Johnny. He'll take care of you. You are obviously no match him. That's why you run from every thread he challenges you in.

I have that guy on ignore after I read like two of his posts. I can't see anything he posts. If I would take the time to entertain him, well it would make me as stupid as you..... Thanks for entertaining me...

purplesky

How did I miss this thread, I am all through it? Anyhow why are you union bums so concerned with management changes? You guys just go to work and work as instructed. you don't have a voice in any of the changes that will take place, nor do any of the changes concern you. You are not a part of this company. After the changes in 2010, teamsters will still be at the bottom of the totem pole taking orders from 18 year old part time supervisors. What you guys should be worrying about is, who is going to steal your union dues this year.

I think we are concerned and interested because the changes have an effect on our jobs and lives. You should go on a UPS commercial and tell the world that UPS drivers are not a part of UPS. That we have no say in providing service to the millions of folks who use UPS. I would say $85000 a year minus union dues is more than fair. You do realize that when a union guy leaves the bldg and goes out into the world to deliver he is UPS. I realize you are just a punk and I shouldnt even respond to your post but what the hell I took the bait. :wink2:

Dustyroads

They come and they go...yada, yada, yada. Remember back in the 90's, in the earlier management buyout, they were going to "empower" drivers to do so many things? The reality was that it was just a way to replace a lot of management people with other management people. Big deal.

j13501

You do realize that when a union guy leaves the bldg and goes out into the world to deliver he is UPS.

Well said. The sad truth of management/labor relations at UPS is that we all tend to focus on the problem people in both groups rather than the great majority of UPSers who do their jobs well everyday.
We would not have a successful company without:
1) great drivers who really are the face of UPS to our customers, and
2) great managers and supervisors who manage the network of customers, revenue, buildings, vehicles and package flow that allows our drivers to represent our company to the public everyday.
It takes all of us doing our jobs well to satisfy our customers and grow the business.

brownIEman

They come and they go...yada, yada, yada. Remember back in the 90's, in the earlier management buyout, they were going to "empower" drivers to do so many things? The reality was that it was just a way to replace a lot of management people with other management people. Big deal.

The actual reality was that the strategy that guided that effort was ill suited to a production driven union environment like the one we all work in. The IBT did everything they could to undermine that effort, claiming it was nothing more than an effort to get drivers to do supervisory work. The company did not do enough to sell the idea, and it all went down the toilet, costing us tons of money, damaged employee relations in some areas, and one CEO.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
30 districts makes sense. Seems to be the consensus. Staff departments are already aligned as 30 operations. 30 staff function department managers cover all the current districts. Most staff department managers have two districts now. Same model was used in districts already consolidated.

ERO is coming in some form. Conslidations without staff reduction makes no sense.

kokomojoe

My official retirement date is Mar 1st. With all the vacation and discretionary days; my last day is Jan 8th.

It's not about money. I have been planning for this day over 31 years. I am ready.

After all, why would you come to work, shave everyday and listen to some snotty nosed dumba** try to tell you what he/she thinks is a great idea for $1000/mo in pay? If you don't retire when you are eligible, you are basically working every frickin' day the rest of your life for $1000/mo.

I can find a hobby or sell some crap on ebay for that amount of money.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have that guy on ignore after I read like two of his posts. I can't see anything he posts. If I would take the time to entertain him, well it would make me as stupid as you..... Thanks for entertaining me...

A wise strategy....something we all might consider doing when dealing with obnoxious internet trolls who contribute nothing to a forum but hard feelings and hateful rhetoric.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The actual reality was that the strategy that guided that effort was ill suited to a production driven union environment like the one we all work in. The IBT did everything they could to undermine that effort, claiming it was nothing more than an effort to get drivers to do supervisory work. The company did not do enough to sell the idea, and it all went down the toilet, costing us tons of money, damaged employee relations in some areas, and one CEO.

You are speaking of the ill-fated "team concept" that UPS tried to implement back in the mid 90's.... and it was the company that undermined the program, not the IBT. The "team concept" would have amounted to a profound and substantial change in our working conditions and terms of employment, yet the company refused to negotiate or bargain with the IBT over these changes as required by the contract.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You are speaking of the ill-fated "team concept" that UPS tried to implement back in the mid 90's.... and it was the company that undermined the program, not the IBT. The "team concept" would have amounted to a profound and substantial change in our working conditions and terms of employment, yet the company refused to negotiate or bargain with the IBT over these changes as required by the contract.
Nice spin Sober ... I think you could have a second career in sales. :wink2:

purplesky

Well said. The sad truth of management/labor relations at UPS is that we all tend to focus on the problem people in both groups rather than the great majority of UPSers who do their jobs well everyday.
We would not have a successful company without:
1) great drivers who really are the face of UPS to our customers, and
2) great managers and supervisors who manage the network of customers, revenue, buildings, vehicles and package flow that allows our drivers to represent our company to the public everyday.
It takes all of us doing our jobs well to satisfy our customers and grow the business.

Great post. :smart:

randomUPSISer

I always admired people that have the guts to leave during a recession.

Is it better to have no job with no raise or a job with no raise?:happy-very:

Note my handle which includes "ISer" in it. I'm an IT guy. Watch or read some of those news stories about the "least affected job markets". IT and health-care seem to be the most commonly "least affected" jobs. No one would leave for no job, but they will leave for a similar job where there ARE raises. Thats happening right now. I've no idea what the turnover is in IS, but its GOT to be significantly higher than anytime in the past based on my experiences.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Note my handle which includes "ISer" in it. I'm an IT guy. Watch or read some of those news stories about the "least affected job markets". IT and health-care seem to be the most commonly "least affected" jobs. No one would leave for no job, but they will leave for a similar job where there ARE raises. Thats happening right now. I've no idea what the turnover is in IS, but its GOT to be significantly higher than anytime in the past based on my experiences.
I was under the impression, maybe mistakenly, that UPS wanted ISers to leave?

I was under the impression, maybe mistakenly, that UPS wanted ISers to leave?

If this EBO rumor is true it probably won't include IT. UPS simply gives those folks a severance in favor of the so called "Global Development Initiative" (i.e. India). As far as turnover in IT goes.....One IT area had 3 resignations in the past month.....all with another job in hand. There are some that have said the company expects an additional 10% turnover in IT on top of those jobs lost due to Globalization. The 10% being those that choose to leave on their own. I hope they know what they're doing because those employees that leave on their own are usually the most valued.

koleen1179

If you turned 55 you need to get with your inside sources about a EBO offer coming in January for management. I am aware of a two unit guy who was told to not take a lateral move becasue he would qualify for the buyout. I'm telling you it is coming. If you are over 50,I know it will be a combination of years and service. I do not know if it will pertain to single unit supervisors. That will be the big question.(Knowing the company,it will only take care of it's own) You will have a two unit guy,aged 50, waiving goodbye to a single unit guy who is 56,33 years with the company, as he goes out the door.
Why wouldn't it apply to one unit sups.I heard that everyone that qualifies will receive something in the mail by 01/08/10!