Management (ERO) Early Retirement Offer

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Don't know how true it is, but have heard management/staff layoff rumors are picking up in Atlanta again. Apparently work is noticably slow there for staff.
I've heard that people whose work is slow have been assigned to monitor BrownCafe for unauthorized pictures and anything defaming to UPS!

tieguy

Banned
Re: Amen Management (ERO) Early Retirement Offer

Can I get an Amen? Amen! Amen! Come on now. No one has said this better! Get rid of the over paid top heavy sups and "managers" who create work for you to make their job seem important to someone in the corporate office. Does someone in the corporate office need some glasses. All the need to do is take a look and see they have more sups and "managers" in places to make the indian's work more comlicated and impossible to obtain. Ahh. Therefore the reason for the sup or managers existance to show that indian how things should be done. If they could "get it done" they would be getting it done instead of telling the indian how bad they are at the job and to hold on termination day is coming. There is positive reinforcement. Do the impossible or get terminated. Since a bad day at work is better than a good day looking for a job we allow ourselves to be degraded and humilated by these managers. Please offer them an early retirement, get them out of our way with their unrealistic demands and let us do some work that could be productive.

I'm afraid I'm not following your logic. If a sup or manager takes an ERO then another one will take their place. You complain about unrealistic productivity demands from management but feel you could be more productive. How does the sup or manager keep you from attaining this higher level of productivity?

negrosangre

Well, time to bring this thread back long enough to say I have had enough!!! I have been ready to take early retirement for several months now, but was waiting for a package. Looks now like the economy may be getting some "legs" and UPS stock is up, so I think the possibility of packages is remote for now.

I guess I will be one of the "attritutions", if that is a word.

Good luck to all, and keep bustin' your hump so I can get my dividends!!!

tieguy

Banned
Re: Amen Management (ERO) Early Retirement Offer

Can I get an Amen? Amen! Amen! Come on now. No one has said this better! Get rid of the over paid top heavy sups and "managers" who create work for you to make their job seem important to someone in the corporate office. Does someone in the corporate office need some glasses. All the need to do is take a look and see they have more sups and "managers" in places to make the indian's work more comlicated and impossible to obtain. Ahh. Therefore the reason for the sup or managers existance to show that indian how things should be done. If they could "get it done" they would be getting it done instead of telling the indian how bad they are at the job and to hold on termination day is coming. There is positive reinforcement. Do the impossible or get terminated. Since a bad day at work is better than a good day looking for a job we allow ourselves to be degraded and humilated by these managers. Please offer them an early retirement, get them out of our way with their unrealistic demands and let us do some work that could be productive.

maybe you should walk in thier shoes before sounding like a Know it all on the subject. I think everyones job including management is pretty tough. If you're still looking for a meal ticket to pay your bills then you probably should back off the anti management comments.

pretzel_man

Well, time to bring this thread back long enough to say I have had enough!!! I have been ready to take early retirement for several months now, but was waiting for a package. Looks now like the economy may be getting some "legs" and UPS stock is up, so I think the possibility of packages is remote for now.

I guess I will be one of the "attritutions", if that is a word.

Good luck to all, and keep bustin' your hump so I can get my dividends!!!

I've said before, there is no ERO coming. The reportback DVD confirmed that.

People need to realize that we are in dire economic times worldwide. 663,000 additional workers lost their jobs in March with a total jobless count of 13 million.

This has affected a tremendous amount of people, my family included.

Rather than complaining about UPS not offering an ERO, or complaining about our situation, its time for management to do what we are paid for.

We need to:
- Grow the business
- Reduce cost
- Maintain service

We need to do all three of those things.

Below is the FedEx ERO. Do you think those 1,000 people would be complaining if they were in our shoes?

P-Man
===============
MEMPHIS, Tennessee (AP) -- FedEx Corp. laid off 1,000 employees Friday to meet job cuts the package delivery company announced were coming after third-quarter earnings dropped 75 percent.

FedEx said half of the dismissed workers -- all of whom were salaried or management employees -- were employed in Memphis, where the corporation and its largest operating unit, FedEx Express, are headquartered.

Before the cuts, FedEx Corp. had about 33,000 employees in the Memphis area and 290,000 workers worldwide.

Spokesman Jess Bunn said the cuts were companywide.
"The decision to reduce the work force across our companies was difficult but unavoidable given the global economic recession and its effect on our business," Bunn said. "This is all we have planned now."
FedEx announced that job reductions were pending when it released third-quarter earnings last month.

"We started notifying people this morning," Bunn said.

The company reported earnings of $97 million, or 31 cents a share, compared with $393 million, or $1.26 a share, a year earlier in the December-to-February period. Revenue fell 14 percent from the previous year, to $8.14 billion, and 14.7 percent from the previous financial quarter.
Bunn said laid off workers were offered severance packages that included job counseling and the opportunity to reapply if new jobs are added in the future.

In December, FedEx announced pay cuts of 5 percent for thousands of employees. The company hopes to save about $1 billion with the cuts in fiscal 2010, which begins in June.

The company said FedEx CEO Frederick Smith would take a 20 percent pay cut, with other top executives taking cuts up to 10 percent.