Management Falsification: The Throne of Lies

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One of the biggest reasons FedEx Express is a major cluster is that it is literally built on a "throne of lies" (thank you, Will Ferrell). Every manager I have ever known falsifies the critical reports that Memphis depends upon to make it's consistently horrible decisions. Why is that? In my opinion, it is because "perfection" is expected and built-in to our terribly dysfunctional corporate culture.

Do managers necessarily want to falsify? I'd say no, and many probably find it repugnant to do so. But falsify they must, lest they be rolled beneath the wheels of the non-compliance bus. In other words, you'd better have the right numbers on your reports...even if they are completely false.

Think about the old analogy "garbage-in=garbage out". Isn't that the environment that Fred S has created at Express? Bad information means bad decisions, and I'd wager that most of the information our fearless leaders receive is made-up. which is exactly what the leaders want. MT3,the biggest A-hole of them all, will accept nothing less than "perfection", which is how he made it to where he is. When he was a DD, he was famous for ordering letters for any lates, regardless of the reasons for them. How arrogant, stupid, and retarded is that? But, then again, consider the source.

MT3's insanity has spread throughout the company like a plague, infesting "leaders" at all levels with the same fanatical zeal to produce "perfection" on paper, when, in fact, it is utter chaos. It's no wonder why there is such mistrust of management and incredible hatred for the upper echelon these days.

A senior manager I know quite well recently quit because his personal ethics wouldn't allow him to play this game any longer. He was so stressed that he was becoming physically ill due to the corporate insanity that forced him to lie, and also forced him to make his subordinates do the same. This person is highly religious, very ethical, and one very nice individual...in addition to being an excellent manager. After leaving he told me it was he felt like Atlas having the world be lifted off his shoulders. Happily, he has moved-on to a better position with a much more ethical organization.

The problem is that most managers continue to play this game of giving Fred and Matt the numbers they want, even if it means doctoring timecards, falsifying reports, and all the rest of it. For those of you who don't think it's easy to fool Memphis...think again.

So, for all of you who think you're beating the system by working through your lunch or helping your manager cook the books...think again.

The is a very sick company run by twisted, power-mad tyrants. Don't be a part of it.

Last edited:

fedex_rtd

"A senior manager I know quite well recently quit because his personal ethics wouldn't allow him to play this game any longer. He was so stressed that he was becoming physically ill due to the corporate insanity that forced him to lie, and also forced him to make his subordinates do the same. This person is highly religious,"

Yeh a few years ago a manager at one of the local DGO stations found God and decided to self report himself and 2 other AM managers to the senior.

The senior toed the company line and terminated all 3 of them.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...tion-the-throne-of-lies.360342/#ixzz3QG8yJtYm"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"A senior manager I know quite well recently quit because his personal ethics wouldn't allow him to play this game any longer. He was so stressed that he was becoming physically ill due to the corporate insanity that forced him to lie, and also forced him to make his subordinates do the same. This person is highly religious,"

Yeh a few years ago a manager at one of the local DGO stations found God and decided to self report himself and 2 other AM managers to the senior.

The senior toed the company line and terminated all 3 of them.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...ion-the-throne-of-lies.360342/#ixzz3QG8yJtYm"

But, of course. No good deed goes unpunished at FedEx. My point is that falsification is rampant. The SM was probably also falsifying, yet happily enforced the company line because it protected him/her in this instance.

l22

MT3,the biggest A-hole of them all, will accept nothing less than "perfection", which is how he made it to where he is. When he was a DD, he was famous for ordering letters for any lates, regardless of the reasons for them. How arrogant, stupid, and retarded is that? But, then again, consider the source.

How do you know this? Just curious

Maui

How do you know this? Just curious
Not sure how MFE knows, but I worker with managers that told me about his history. Working on the Central Region when MT3 was there.

I know lots of Ops and SM that think a huge part of the negativity in the direction of Express comes from MT3. Anecdotally of course, but that idea is pretty common in those I know.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One of the biggest reasons FedEx Express is a major cluster is that it is literally built on a "throne of lies" (thank you, Will Ferrell). Every manager I have ever known falsifies the critical reports that Memphis depends upon to make it's consistently horrible decisions. Why is that? In my opinion, it is because "perfection" is expected and built-in to our terribly dysfunctional corporate culture.

Do managers necessarily want to falsify? I'd say no, and many probably find it repugnant to do so. But falsify they must, lest they be rolled beneath the wheels of the non-compliance bus. In other words, you'd better have the right numbers on your reports...even if they are completely false.

Think about the old analogy "garbage-in=garbage out". Isn't that the environment that Fred S has created at Express? Bad information means bad decisions, and I'd wager that most of the information our fearless leaders receive is made-up. which is exactly what the leaders want. MT3,the biggest A-hole of them all, will accept nothing less than "perfection", which is how he made it to where he is. When he was a DD, he was famous for ordering letters for any lates, regardless of the reasons for them. How arrogant, stupid, and retarded is that? But, then again, consider the source.

MT3's insanity has spread throughout the company like a plague, infesting "leaders" at all levels with the same fanatical zeal to produce "perfection" on paper, when, in fact, it is utter chaos. It's no wonder why there is such mistrust of management and incredible hatred for the upper echelon these days.

A senior manager I know quite well recently quit because his personal ethics wouldn't allow him to play this game any longer. He was so stressed that he was becoming physically ill due to the corporate insanity that forced him to lie, and also forced him to make his subordinates do the same. This person is highly religious, very ethical, and one very nice individual...in addition to being an excellent manager. After leaving he told me it was he felt like Atlas having the world be lifted off his shoulders. Happily, he has moved-on to a better position with a much more ethical organization.

The problem is that most managers continue to play this game of giving Fred and Matt the numbers they want, even if it means doctoring timecards, falsifying reports, and all the rest of it. For those of you who don't think it's easy to fool Memphis...think again.

So, for all of you who think you're beating the system by working through your lunch or helping your manager cook the books...think again.

The is a very sick company run by twisted, power-mad tyrants. Don't be a part of it.
Sounds like UPS.....

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
yeh ups is the same deal management cares more about their numbers than a drivers life, its sick

ch317273

and you can bend over backwards trying to help the company for 20 years and from what ive seen, never a thank you, first mistake and its no mercy

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not sure how MFE knows, but I worker with managers that told me about his history. Working on the Central Region when MT3 was there.

I know lots of Ops and SM that think a huge part of the negativity in the direction of Express comes from MT3. Anecdotally of course, but that idea is pretty common in those I know.

IMO, Thornton is the prototype for the "new and improved" Express. He was well-known as a tyrant during his career climb. All of the newer DDs and above I've encountered are mini-Thorntons, as in obsessed with micromanagement, employee harassment, and looking good on paper vs. real-world operational excellence.

I don't know MT3 personally, have never met him, and would never want to because I'd probably take a swing at his fat ass. Everything he's done during his tenure establishes him as an A-hole of epic proportions.

whenIgetthere

IMO, Thornton is the prototype for the "new and improved" Express. He was well-known as a tyrant during his career climb. All of the newer DDs and above I've encountered are mini-Thorntons, as in obsessed with micromanagement, employee harassment, and looking good on paper vs. real-world operational excellence.

I don't know MT3 personally, have never met him, and would never want to because I'd probably take a swing at his fat ass. Everything he's done during his tenure establishes him as an A-hole of epic proportions.

I've met him, just as arrogant in person.

ch317273

all management cares about is themselves, whether its ups, fedex, or whatever, theyre all the same, self centered narcisists, maybe there are a few stragler decent managers but to me they never last or at bare minimum they stay stuck at a non significant managerial position with little or no REAL authority, never upper brass.....they set up the "us against them" mentality, they keep the mentality going...and im not being anti management because i like being this way either, nothing would make me happier than dealing with a real human being manager, sooooo much more work would be done, many might feel otherwise and i always respect anyones opinion, but i have my opinion based on the facts that ive seen over my career....sups looked out for themselves and their own warped career paths of doing whatever it takes to climb the corporate ladder, i look out for the ole number one, thats just the way it is

overflowed

The only managers I see that last now are the ones with the same attitude as me. I don't give a :censored2: anymore. The ones that do what they're told always get fired or quit. Most likely because what they are asked to do is not cool, or outright illegal. This is the system we live with.