Management Falsification: The Throne of Lies

Goldilocks

IMO, Thornton is the prototype for the "new and improved" Express. He was well-known as a tyrant during his career climb. All of the newer DDs and above I've encountered are mini-Thorntons, as in obsessed with micromanagement, employee harassment, and looking good on paper vs. real-world operational excellence.

I don't know MT3 personally, have never met him, and would never want to because I'd probably take a swing at his fat ass. Everything he's done during his tenure establishes him as an A-hole of epic proportions.

Is this our very own MT3? http://www.bloomberg.com/research/s...CapId=729736&previousTitle=Swagelok%20Company

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
image.jpg
This is what I say to my dispatchers in the morning

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
Whenever a sup gets on my nerves I just hit em with a lil of that video, takes care of the situation real quick

SmithBarney

Here's a good one, an FO/p1 courier is running 150% at my station. How the hell do you get over 100% what kind of :censored2:ed number system is this
Math isn't your strong point is it... if route plan is say 10 Stops per hour and your driver runs 15 stops, that's 150%... anyway the numbers can be manipulated to say whatever you(they) want... suddenly since the new year routes that were hitting 105% now are at 70% because of arbitrary changes

From the very top they believe that the perfect world of FedEx is the way that life is. I don't know about the rest of you but I live in and work in the real world where the unexpected happens constantly and the perfect world of FedEx is what they truly believe. Sorry is doesn't say God across my forehead I am nowhere near perfect. Oh wait neither are they(upper upper management).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Math isn't your strong point is it... if route plan is say 10 Stops per hour and your driver runs 15 stops, that's 150%... anyway the numbers can be manipulated to say whatever you(they) want... suddenly since the new year routes that were hitting 105% now are at 70% because of arbitrary changes

Yep. They always would like to see more than 100%. This is why it is so damaging when some swing "superstar" works through lunch, drives like a maniac, does 125% and makes the regular courier look like a slug.

Please, for those of you who do this...get a brain. Even if you have to go buy one at WalMart, the investment is worth it.

Purplepackage

Yep. They always would like to see more than 100%. This is why it is so damaging when some swing "superstar" works through lunch, drives like a maniac, does 125% and makes the regular courier look like a slug.

Please, for those of you who do this...get a brain. Even if you have to go buy one at WalMart, the investment is worth it.
I agree driving like a maniac only puts yourself in danger regardless of the load management puts on you.

With all of these east coast weather issues we have had early pulls and have been told to get back by 6pm the past couple Monday's. Now explain to me how my manager calls someone in to start work at 1, gives them 30 stops to take out and they are also covering a very heavy pup route that averages 28 pickups. Now do all of that don't drive like a maniac and be back by 6. Yeah....right

BigTex61

You don't even have to kill your numbers to get screwed. In our district they recently are allocating 1 minute less per residential stop. Now, if you were doing 99 or 100 percent, you now lucky to be running 80 or 85 percent. Either way, blow your numbers away, or run right at your goal, the numbers get raised.

You don't even have to kill your numbers to get screwed. In our district they recently are allocating 1 minute less per residential stop. Now, if you were doing 99 or 100 percent, you now lucky to be running 80 or 85 percent. Either way, blow your numbers away, or run right at your goal, the numbers get raised.