Management Fudging timecard.

Siveriano

got a copy of my paycheck, going to ask tomorrow the PM dispatcher to print out the time card for this day, if he can still do it.

Future

Victory Ride
We had a rash of this going on .....certain sup....was changing start times ....few minutes here ...few mins there ....

Siveriano

So, you work over 14 hours a day and don't give them a reason to "pick on you"???
They force "instructed" me to do so. again is not the first time either. last time something like this happened they sent the same SUP with me to do a safety ride at 2030 hours because they cut a round and forgot to put 40 residential stops on any other route. The SUP told me " you have to finish this work before 2200 hours" and my reply was " all i know is that by 2155 ill stop working and start driving back to the center, if you want to fire me because i refuse to violate the DOT 14 hours rules thats on you but at 2155 ill start heading back to the center"

I usually finish my routes early i thought for a second that maybe they will notice that i dont like the OT yet 3/5 days a week when i finish early they always "instruct" me to do some more work.

Box Ox

On thursday last week i worked from 0810 to 2227 hours, yet i was back in the building by 2208 thats 2 minutes before the 14 hours DOT.

this particular day i told them i was to be in before my 14 hours yet they "instructed" me to take 35 stops out of a driver at 2100 hours

Where I am, being punched in for over 14 hours, regardless of inside building time will bring down the house on you.

If a sup were dumb enough to instruct me to take 35 off at 2100 and 2210 was the 14 hour mark I'd deliver until 21:50 would be my ETA and sheet the rest as missed. Management has to do better.

They force "instructed" me to do so.

The 14 hour limit is a safety-related law. They can't force you to do that. It's a violation for you and the company.

Siveriano

Where I am, being punched in for over 14 hours, regardless of inside building time will bring down the house on you.

If a sup were dumb enough to instruct me to take 35 off at 2100 and 2210 was the 14 hour mark I'd deliver until 21:50 would be my ETA and sheet the rest as missed. Management has to do better.

The 14 hour limit is a safety-related law. They can't force you to do that. It's a violation for you and the company.

This is exactly what i did. as soon as i got the pieces from the driver i sent a message saying something like this " at 2150 ill stop delivering and will head back to the center as i have to be out of the road by 2209 in order to avoid being on violation of the 14 hours DOT.

so i did at 2150 sharp i head back to the center which is 10/15 minutes away at 2158 i got a message on my diad " meet back the driver and give him the rest of the work back. but i was already on my way to the building so when i got to the building i went to as the dispatcher what to do with the work and was told to wait while the figure out, 10 minutes later my manager call and said " sheet it miss" this is why i have 19 minutes pm time.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Was your REPORT time or START time 08:10? If your start time is 08:30 and you punch into your diad at 08:10 you don't get paid for that 20 minutes...

Siveriano

Was your REPORT time or START time 08:10? If your start time is 08:30 and you punch into your diad at 08:10 you don't get paid for that 20 minutes...
My start time is 08:10 and my report to work time was 08:02.
They stole my time to justify the poor management that is going on at our center.

W

What The Hawk?

This is such bullcrap. They're trying to cut corners. At least you're paying attention. Others (many others) don't and they get cheated out of pay they earned. Good on you for staying on top of your time card and paying atrention.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I think everyone should start making complaints to the Attorney General's office of your respective states. Just download the form and mail it it, very simple. Watch how fast things stop when folks have to answer or charges are files!

Indecisi0n

I'm sorry but they had that "chance" when they chose to falsify the time card.

Despite what you and some others may think management is fraught with liars and thieves.

The first time it's a "mistake".....what's it called subsequent times?
"Another mistake"?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They force "instructed" me to do so. again is not the first time either. last time something like this happened they sent the same SUP with me to do a safety ride at 2030 hours because they cut a round and forgot to put 40 residential stops on any other route. The SUP told me " you have to finish this work before 2200 hours" and my reply was " all i know is that by 2155 ill stop working and start driving back to the center, if you want to fire me because i refuse to violate the DOT 14 hours rules thats on you but at 2155 ill start heading back to the center"

I usually finish my routes early i thought for a second that maybe they will notice that i dont like the OT yet 3/5 days a week when i finish early they always "instruct" me to do some more work.
Not everyone on here understands all centers are not created equal.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Understood next time will cut it 30 minutes early. Yet i thought the 14 hours were about driving.

The 14 hour rule is about driving. You cannot drive after being on duty for 14 hours.

You did not. You returned to the building before the 14 hours was up, so you were fine. Once back at the building, you can do all your check-in stuff, work past 14 hours, and not violate Hours of Service.

Your sup changed your timecard so that it showed that you did not work past 14 hours.

Get with your Steward. This is an easy fix. Let him/her decide whether to proceed with charges against UPS. Either way, it most likely will not happen again once the Union is imvolved.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I can't believe you guys are delivering past 10PM.
That just proves they don't have enough routes in.
I would grieve the timecard crap AND call the Ethics hotline.
They do it once, they'll do it again.

On a sidebar, I don't agree with the 14 hour DOT rule as it pertains to delivery.
I agree it should be used for trailer drivers as you will get tired behind the wheel.
Delivering 200 stops with pickups and overweights AND driving is more tiring than just being behind the wheel.
It will never change, but wish the DOT would not class us all in the same group.

By The Book

It will never change, but wish the DOT would not class us all in the same group. These safety laws can change at any time. Hours on road and such.