Management Fudging timecard.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They force "instructed" me to do so. again is not the first time either. last time something like this happened they sent the same SUP with me to do a safety ride at 2030 hours because they cut a round and forgot to put 40 residential stops on any other route. The SUP told me " you have to finish this work before 2200 hours" and my reply was " all i know is that by 2155 ill stop working and start driving back to the center, if you want to fire me because i refuse to violate the DOT 14 hours rules thats on you but at 2155 ill start heading back to the center"

I usually finish my routes early i thought for a second that maybe they will notice that i dont like the OT yet 3/5 days a week when i finish early they always "instruct" me to do some more work.
Sounds like you are a runner....you bust through it but wonder why they give you more work...come on man....

tacken

PLEASE THIS SHOULD BE NO SUPRISE TO ANYONE. THEY DUE THIS ALL THE TIME TO COVER THERE ASS. SO WHAT IS THE REAL ANSWER TO THIS ONGOING NATION WIDE PROBLEM? INTRGITY TO UPS IS A ONE WAY STREET ALL ON THE EMPLOYEE.

Siveriano

Thanks for all the advices and yes like i said before its nor the first or the second time they had changed my time card, last time took them 5 weeks to solve the issue and honestly i really dont appreciate being played with my time.
Im wonder what would they say if i deliver a NDA 2 weeks later than when i have it on my pc.

Siveriano

Sounds like you are a runner....you bust through it but wonder why they give you more work...come on man....
Im not runner and to be honest i dont really care about the number. I come to work everyday and give my very best, if i finish at 1730 or 2130 , its the same for me. I know i did my best and that is my sole and only concern. Management like i said its been breathing on my neck for a while now yet they havent been able to find a single reason to bring me into the office.

My motto is. Im not better than anyone but im the best in what i do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

PLEASE THIS SHOULD BE NO SUPRISE TO ANYONE. THEY DUE THIS ALL THE TIME TO COVER THERE ASS. SO WHAT IS THE REAL ANSWER TO THIS ONGOING NATION WIDE PROBLEM? INTRGITY TO UPS IS A ONE WAY STREET ALL ON THE EMPLOYEE.

The downside to posting in all caps is the fact that it highlights spelling errors.

Overpaid Union Thug

Threads like this is why I have the "View Timecard" link in the UPSers website on my home screen on my phone. Which essentially works like an app. I check it every night before I go to bed to make sure it matches the hours I've actually worked.

Every since I started doing that I've noticed errors and blatant falsification. So far none of the blatant stuff has affected my pay. The usual fudging is changing excess AM time. The favorite seems to be to code it as "Attending School." I just laugh at that when I end up having to finish my preloader'a job for him everyother morning. I'm guessing i should have a degree by now.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Threads like this is why I have the "View Timecard" link in the UPSers website on my home screen on my phone. Which essentially works like an app. I check it every night before I go to bed to make sure it matches the hours I've actually worked.

Every since I started doing that I've noticed errors and blatant falsification. So far none of the blatant stuff has affected my pay. The usual fudging is changing excess AM time. The favorite seems to be to code it as "Attending School." I just laugh at that when I end up having to finish my preloader'a job for him everyother morning. I'm guessing i should have a degree by now.
Just fyi, what time card viewer shows can change, you might want to start taking screenshots or just write it down.

I checked it at night once and then in the morning it showed something different.
When I mentioned it to them it was changed back by the end of the day.

Siveriano

Quick update. After sweet talking someone from management i was able to get 2 copies of my time card for that day. One shows all the info such as # of trips, truck #s, amount of pieces serviced, etc, on this card the start time shows as 08:10 but on the other time card which only show time related in shows 08:30 as the start time.

Overpaid Union Thug

Just fyi, what time card viewer shows can change, you might want to start taking screenshots or just write it down.

I checked it at night once and then in the morning it showed something different.
When I mentioned it to them it was changed back by the end of the day.

Sometimes changes are made by the local sort OMS. Sometimes it's the DPS early in the morning. I just let it happen because edits to our timecards are tracked. If an issue comes up the person who actually did the fudging in the computer is exposed and any attempt to blame me will fail.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Sometimes changes are made by the local sort OMS. Sometimes it's the DPS early in the morning. I just let it happen because edits to our timecards are tracked. If an issue comes up the person who actually did the fudging in the computer is exposed and any attempt to blame me will fail.
I didn't make a big deal about it when it happened, I just calmly said.... "I'm sure it was just an accident, because I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to falsify department of transportation hours of service." Office went silent. It was fixed next time I logged in to check.

I haven't had any issues since I let them know I'm watching it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hard of hearing, or Italian perhaps?

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Are you able to take a pic of that and post it without showing any private info... Be curious to what this looks like... I had no idea we had anything like this

djkre8r

I have been using the app Hours Tracker (has the image of a piggy bank with a clock on it). After I noticed I was being ripped off and started showing my time to management and filing... it all stopped! I fill in my time every day including break. It also has a comment section where you can jot down anything you may need to for that day.