Management Incentive Program - Need to find information how stock was received.

jmckenzie27

Hello to all, I received UPS stock in a divorce settlement and I am trying to determine how my ex acquired the stock. It was a part of her management incentive program during the years 1996 or 1997 to 2004. Does anyone know who to contact to determine how the shares were acquired.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hello to all, I received UPS stock in a divorce settlement and I am trying to determine how my ex acquired the stock. It was a part of her management incentive program during the years 1996 or 1997 to 2004. Does anyone know who to contact to determine how the shares were acquired.

The timing would imply a tax impact from the sell of UPS Stock.
The MIP program at UPS is not a deferred incentive program. It is part of his/her salary and is treated as a simple purchase.
If the certificates have a date purchased greater than one year than when you sold them, it is a long-term gain.

jmckenzie27

Hoaxster, Thank you for the reply. That definitiely helps me out. Do you know when UPS would distribute the shares to the employee? Would it be year end?

TechGrrl

Space Cadet

There is a website (Mellon?) that has the share history for every share you ever were awarded or bought. That's where I go every tax season to make sure I have the correct information. Your lawyer should be able to get UPS HR to show you where to find this website and get the information.

jmckenzie27

TechGrrl: I have looked on BNY Mellon. The shares are non-covered and there is no cost basis associated with the shares. Do you or anybody have a phone number for UPS HR/Employee Services I can call?