Management lied again

RTURNSONLY

Last Friday, there was a National Service Disruption due to TS Isaac. During our morning meeting, management was asked if indeed there was a service disruption, (so we could straight line our deliveries), but they categorically denied it. As a matter of fact, management got p****d off the question was even brought up since "they had instructed us to deliver P1s before noon", but no SOS lates "would be tolerated". They warned more than once, any SOS late package would result in an OCCL.

What it boils down to is that there was -NO- service for the day and they denied it, however, having lates -WOULD- result in disciplinary actions.

That is a great way for them to promote faith, confidence, and credulity in management.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Last Friday, there was a National Service Disruption due to TS Isaac. During our morning meeting, management was asked if indeed there was a service disruption, (so we could straight line our deliveries), but they categorically denied it. As a matter of fact, management got p****d off the question was even brought up since "they had instructed us to deliver P1s before noon", but no SOS lates "would be tolerated". They warned more than once, any SOS late package would result in an OCCL.

What it boils down to is that there was -NO- service for the day and they denied it, however, having lates -WOULD- result in disciplinary actions.

That is a great way for them to promote faith, confidence, and credulity in management.

Typical. Usually, management hopes for a National Disruption so they are off the hook for the day in terms of service. Depending on what's hot at the moment (service or hours), management might choose to keep the disruption info to themselves and be "heroes". To be in management requires one to check their integrity at the door, because lying is expected, promoted, and elevated to an art form at FedEx.

RTURNSONLY

You did your job, management is management they lie and cheat you act surprised.

Actually no, I'm not surprised. I've been doing this gig for such a long time that nothing surprises me anymore, other than how much this company has changed...for the worse!

Last edited:

LTFedExer

Where did you hear there a was NO service on SOS?. We had P1 disruption, but SOS had to make service. That's typical for a small delay.

RTURNSONLY

Where did you hear there a was NO service on SOS?. We had P1 disruption, but SOS had to make service. That's typical for a small delay.

[video]http://www.fedex.com/us/servicealerts/alert2.html[/video]

You can look it up on fedex.com or Google it. You can also set up a Google Alert on Fedex and receive them directly via e-mail on your cellphone or PC.

BTW, whenever there is a National Service Disruption, all Fedex services are affected, and the money-back guarantee is suspended for all packages and shipments.

Last edited:

Rhoderunner

BTW, whenever there is a National Service Disruption, all Fedex services are affected, and the money-back guarantee is suspended for all packages and shipments.

We were told at end of the sort there was a national service disruption. No guarantee service. Straight line and punch out !!!

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I'm confused---if all of your volume is at the depot why wouldn't you run it as a regular day?

Since most of our freight arrives via aircraft, a small thing like a bulb out on the aircraft creates a delay for that ramp. If there is a national disruption, meaning several ramps are affected, then that's where the service suspensions come in. If the freight can't get to the truck, the truck can't get to the stations, the sort goes down late, and the couriers leave late. It's the "plumbers principle". S*&t rolls downhill and payday is Friday.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually no, I'm not surprised. I've been doing this gig for such a long time that nothing surprises me anymore, other than how much this company has changed...for the worse!

Rule #1. Management lies

Rule #2 Management lies frequently

Rule#3 Never trust management

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm confused---if all of your volume is at the depot why wouldn't you run it as a regular day?

I don't know if DTIT explained it well enough.
If we have late frt. and they hold us at the sta., then we all leave late. Some rts. only have about an hr. to get their "reds" off. If you leave 45 mins. later than usual, and it's a national serv. disruption, you just go out there and do the best you can. You have to make all your pups on time no matter what so, that factors in.

SmithBarney

We were told that there was a service disruption, but they wouldn't use the term Straight line, our freight was only 5 minutes late..I pulled out of building 5 minutes earlier than normal.
we didn't need a straight line day... I mixed in a few non p1, and had no lates.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were told that there was a service disruption, but they wouldn't use the term Straight line, our freight was only 5 minutes late..I pulled out of building 5 minutes earlier than normal. We didn't need a straight line day... I mixed in a few non p1, and had no lates.

This is what I was talking about. Even though there was a "national service disruption", this staton had all of their freight and was able to make service as though it were a normal day.

Whenever we have late air, we are told to run as much of it as we can on time and to run the rest of it "in trace".

I hate trying to explain how weather in Lousiville affects us locally.

hypo hanna

[video]http://www.fedex.com/us/servicealerts/alert2.html[/video]

You can look it up on fedex.com or Google it. You can also set up a Google Alert on Fedex and receive them directly via e-mail on your cellphone or PC.

You could also ask your dispatcher although your manager should be honest with you from the start.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Today we launched 50 mins. late.
Here's the bottom line, we all know who needs their p1 early.