Management Memo Shows Bosses Amok...

rod

Retired 22 years
I guess you have first hand knowledge of this form from chicago all the way from maryland? Cmon tie!

Admit when one of your fellow managers is a maroon!

First I have to deal with that rookie tie calling me a maroon in another post. Now managers are being called morons. I don't want to be lowered to the same class as managers. :wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
First I have to deal with that rookie tie calling me a maroon in another post. Now managers are being called morons. I don't want to be lowered to the same class as managers. :wink2:

I think retired is a higher position than any at UPS. LOL

tieguy

Banned
I guess you have first hand knowledge of this form from chicago all the way from maryland? Cmon tie!

Admit when one of your fellow managers is a maroon!

I have already said the form may have started out as ours. But at some point you guys altered it.

tieguy

Banned

you just proved my point that maroon was a compliment.:happy-very:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have already said the form may have started out as ours. But at some point you guys altered it.
WOW! If we altered it im sure one of us would have been fired for dishonesty! Oh wait that did happen at bedford park where a porter was fired for handing it to another employee after he found it and read it! Oh yeah hes back to work with all back pay!

I have other memos that have been handed down in the past not as bold as this one but similiar! At no time have we doctored this memo!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I would never insult you like that Rod! I would use several other words but we have a tos, which handcuffs me on what i truly would like to say!

cajunboy

Hey, nothin to worry about get your job done to the best of your ability and punch out. I mean really do you think this manager came up with the least best scenario. They have been doing this for years.
cajunboy

brownIEman

"Each centers rank and file need to pick out one member of management we know is scamming us (shouldn't be too hard) and get him on videotape and go the distance, others will fall in line".:peaceful:

happens every day in most every building (other than the video part). It's called a grievance...

tieguy

Banned
WOW! If we altered it im sure one of us would have been fired for dishonesty! Oh wait that did happen at bedford park where a porter was fired for handing it to another employee after he found it and read it! Oh yeah hes back to work with all back pay!

I have other memos that have been handed down in the past not as bold as this one but similiar! At no time have we doctored this memo!

then you should have left the authors name and office information on the memo so that he could verify the accuracy of the form.

Red are you guys snooping around and reading the center managers emails when he leaves for the day?

your story that a "good supervisor" gave you that information is going to get someone in that building fired.

UPSNewbie

then you should have left the authors name and office information on the memo so that he could verify the accuracy of the form.

Red are you guys snooping around and reading the center managers emails when he leaves for the day?

your story that a "good supervisor" gave you that information is going to get someone in that building fired.

Have you ever heard of the program "Word" or "Notepad" or "WordPad" ?

Not everything in the world is typed up in an email.

island1fox

Hoaxster,
I think you should re-think your post. Too MANY items in Memo ???? You state there should be no more than three !!
Look at all of the elements of a driver's day and all they have to do as well as work and drive safely.
If your saw what a District or Division Manager were responsible for ---hundreds 0f priority elements.
One of my Jobs out of the fourteen positions I had during my 36 years at UPS-- was an "on-car Supervisor". I can assure you the referenced Division manager memo would not have overwhelmed me. Not abusing driver's and working them ten to twelve hours --would be great news to me as on on-car. With some drivers I could reduce their dispatch ---- with the "slacker's" --I would enlist the help of the Shop steward and union and try to use people skills to get them to pull their own weight ---usually worked for the benefit of all----reducing dispatch does not automatically mean putting another car on the road ---it sometimes means ---just making sure all do their part---not all drivers nor all supervisors are capable of this. Also other points in the referred to memo are just common sense in these tough economic times. To complain the memo has too many items or elements ??? Maybe you are just looking to complain about anything !!:sad-little:

55andout?

What about your buddy that was/is telling people to falsify delivery records? You know what i am talking about! We have several greivances on it where drivers are told to sheet nda's closed before commit, or scan them before commit time and drive there past commit time?!

Red,

My invite was for you to come and ask questions about me in my center. As far as my two partners go that I work with I dont think they do it either, I could be wrong because as you know we are a new group.

Does it happen? Yes it does. To deny that would be like telling you that there are no drivers out there not recording personal time. There are bad apples on both sides.

Really what it comes down to it Red is that I smell like a daisy and you know it. :funny:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster,
I think you should re-think your post. Too MANY items in Memo ???? You state there should be no more than three !!
Look at all of the elements of a driver's day and all they have to do as well as work and drive safely.
These are repetitive tasks

If you saw what a District or Division Manager were responsible for ---hundreds 0f priority elements.
One of my Jobs out of the fourteen positions I had during my 36 years at UPS-- was an "on-car Supervisor". I can assure you the referenced Division manager memo would not have overwhelmed me.
The Division Mgr was specifying what the CMs were to concentrate on. This involves developing a plan and tactical approach and steps and checkpoints to monitor progress.

Not abusing driver's and working them ten to twelve hours --would be great news to me as on on-car. With some drivers I could reduce their dispatch ---- with the "slacker's" --I would enlist the help of the Shop steward and union and try to use people skills to get them to pull their own weight ---usually worked for the benefit of all----reducing dispatch does not automatically mean putting another car on the road ---it sometimes means ---just making sure all do their part---not all drivers nor all supervisors are capable of this.
Also other points in the referred to memo are just common sense in these tough economic times. To complain the memo has too many items or elements ???
Not my theory ... a cornerstone of project management.

Maybe you are just looking to complain about anything !!
You obviously are not familiar with me as I do not complain much at all and people say I can find a positive in any situation which I normally do.

As a general reply to your response ... I still stick to my original observation.
My intent was to constructively criticize the arrangement and communications skills of the div mgr ... not what was being said.

island1fox

:happy2: I am sure you should re-read YOUR post.
Also I am sure you do not realize -----this is not an attack on you ----that the Division manager memo goes to various mgrs and supervisors in his division.
An on car would deal with the driver portion---a local sort supervisor with the part time issue ----an oms with the combo car wash issue ---a pre-load super with the p/t preloaders ----- I have no idea what you mean by your last post ?????
To me ---this entire thread is rediculous. What the union complains about this div mgr has his mgmt team addressing the various issues along with overtime control and cost reducing items -----to make sure ALL jobs are secure.
You now have a problem on how the Div Mgr communicates to his Mgmt team ?????:sad-little: