Management/Non-Union Insurance - which option

Which option did you select for your Flexible Benefits Plan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I do not know of anyone that has taken the new option under the age of 35.

Seems to be too many unanswered questions about coverage and a general sense of distrust.

Which option did you take?

UPSSOCKS

Hoax,

Why would anyone enroll in the healthy savings plan? I don't understand it. It appears not to cost anything if you do just the routine preventive care throughout the year. Can you shed some quick light on this for me, only hours left to enroll..

Hawk780

No One in Particular
I'm with BrownIEman, opting out, taking the $500 credit, and jumping on wife's plan. That said, I think the Healthy Savings Plan could save a lot of people a lot of money if they have (relatively) low heathcare costs. Think about this, the out of pocket max is $4,000 for traditional (family), and $6,000 for Healthy Savings (family), and the premiums (payroll deductions) are nearly $2,000 more for the traditional...

Prescriptions are "better" covered (no deductible) under traditional, so that's a consideration, but again, without major health issues, a family/individual would be WAY ahead in the new plan. I'm not in HR, but did have to present the plan to my operation, so if you have any questions, let me know. -Hawk

D

Dis-organized Labor

This thing is totally hosed up. So many uncertainties. No one is sure if we will be billed correctly (the contracted rate) at the time of service.
I chose traditional because everytime I manipulated the estimator, it recommended "Healthy Savings".
I have to admit, I was suspicious because I've been around here for 22+ years

dman

Too bad management can't opt-in to the employee plan. Five dollar brand name drugs and Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage, something that my regular doctor actually accepts, instead of UHC.
Something is very terribly wrong with organization when it is more advantageous to be an employee than in management.

UPSSOCKS

Too bad management can't opt-in to the employee plan. Five dollar brand name drugs and Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage, something that my regular doctor actually accepts, instead of UHC.
Something is very terribly wrong with organization when it is more advantageous to be an employee than in management.

Roger that,

This healthcare issue is fishy. I think management loses big this year. No raises and higher healthcare costs.