Management/Operations disconnect.

beentheredonethat

What is the criteria for "spot on"? No missed? No late's? No over 10's? Or that you made your afternoon tee time?
Nope, i got the pkg center managers, (with full approval and support of the division manager), to run the plan I wanted them to run. The overall driver plan for the division was spot on. The plan for the remaining centers were spot on, the plan for those were "run" spot on. During the year I was the IE for that division, was the best that division ever had run in terms of SPC, SPORH and NDPPH. The key was a good plan and a division manager that supported me and ran his division well.

CharleyHustle.. An IE planner plans out volume and stops for a center (both pickup and delv vol). The IE planner plans out driver levels (aka SPC) and also production (SPORH). The overall SPC for Division was correct and it was run correctly in each center based on how I knew those two center mgrs would really operate my plan. It resulted in the best SPC, SPORH and NDPPH numbers that division ever ran. Our quality indices were also better then in years past.

CharleyHustle

The overall SPC for Division was correct and it was run correctly in each center

So there were no late's? No missed? No over 10's? Accidents? Injuries? Customer complaints? Contract violations? 8hrs, 9.5's, supervisors working? By who's accounting is the SPC correct?

Ya know, I'm the best employee UPS has ever hired, and that's a fact.

beentheredonethat

CH.. Let me be clear.. That's not what an IE planner plans for (missed, over 10's, injuries etc). An IE planner only plans for the elements that i delineated earlier. Of those elements, the center ran the best in those elements.

TxRoadDawg

:censored2: makes me laugh is all this crap about making plans 2 weeks out, then watching pkg change numbers 4 times before the plan day comes up. btw does fast tracked mean boobs or just great ass kisser?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
EVERYTHING IS A CON,EVERYTHING ELSE FEEDS OF IT LIKE A PARASITE THE LIST GOES ON AND ON TOTAL VITAL BUT NECESSARY,(VISSION ZERO).

CharleyHustle

Let me be clear..

Still waiting... What I've gathered so far is if you agree ("yes man" in street lexicon), you get a nicer office. Meanwhile, the operations (rightly or wrongly) are laughing at you and your nice office buds, and you aren't even the least bit uncomfortable about it. Actually, that does explain it. Maybe you are the best UPS employee ever, after all.

beentheredonethat

CH.. I've already answered you and apparently you don't like the answer. It's similar to a package being damaged in the hub and the customer blames YOU, because you picked up the package. Your job is to pick up the customer's package and bring it back to the facility for the local sort to unload etc. Once it's out of your car, it's not your responsibility anymore. I realize you don't like IE, probably mostly from what you've heard, not necessarily any direct involvement with an IE person. As I said, for the job I had, i did it quite well and hit the metrics assigned to me. Information about stuff that didn't fall under my umbrella I did not track. Plain and simple...

Overpaid Union Thug

CH.. I've already answered you and apparently you don't like the answer. It's similar to a package being damaged in the hub and the customer blames YOU, because you picked up the package. Your job is to pick up the customer's package and bring it back to the facility for the local sort to unload etc. Once it's out of your car, it's not your responsibility anymore. I realize you don't like IE, probably mostly from what you've heard, not necessarily any direct involvement with an IE person. As I said, for the job I had, i did it quite well and hit the metrics assigned to me. Information about stuff that didn't fall under my umbrella I did not track. Plain and simple...

The metrics you've been assigned to hit are arbitrary at best. Especially SPC. In fact, SPC often affects centers negatively. Think of it as a wrench being dropped into a machine. But you claim that the end results don't fall under your umbrella? Well, that confirms the invalidity of the metrics you are tasked to plan for.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
CH.. Let me be clear.. That's not what an IE planner plans for (missed, over 10's, injuries etc). An IE planner only plans for the elements that i delineated earlier. Of those elements, the center ran the best in those elements.
So IE does to a center manager what the center manager does to drivers?

Give them :censored2: for ingredients and demand a 5 star meal in return.

No, IE people have their job to do that the corporation expects of them. Part of that is to project volume and stops and then based on goals set by corporate, the number of drivers etc. etc. Do some people get fast tracked? Sure... The pkg center manager's job though is to run the plan successfully. In the past, the center managers who I thought were the best are the ones that worked with the IE planner to come up with a good plan and worked on tweaking the plan. That same center mgr is now a PKG division manager. The center managers who never had any input on the plan and just bitched is still doing the same job, and some got demoted (that I worked with). I'll admit though, I haven't been involved in day to day operations in over 7 years. I'm in a different job now then IE.
Would you say then that you've lost touch just a little bit?

While non-management has the right to post in the partners section, hopefully you understand their reluctance to respond to your posts in this management forum.
What he said is the truth though. Isn't it? If you don't see what he's saying and a light bulb isn't going off then you have been gone to long to really relate.