Management Opt-in

K

kidlogic

LOL.....your joking right????? You mean by offering a crap contract you take no responsibility in the out come of that contract? Maybe in UPS brainwashing school that makes sense, but to all other humans on this earth it was poor thinking on the Union's and UPS's part that turned that contract into a huge blunder.
Also I would hope that with all your years at UPS and how the contracts work that even you two know that its the top people at UPS and the Union that decide the fate of the rest of us. So was the strike bad for the customer? yes but we all could do little about it. I was just glad to have my job back and get back to serving my customers which is why I work every day. So your question had nothing to do about my post...next question. You guys make me smile.
happy.gif

A

antimatter

"Oops you mean hes been working for a corrupt employer for 27 years? Whats that say about his integrity and morals?"

I go about my business and job in an honest and professional manner. "An honest day's pay for an honest day's work." And I said not ALL management types were bad. Ups tech will realize to become successful as a management-type he may have to become the very thing he might hate. Good luck to him.

D

devilsadvocate

UPS needs to hire this guy. He is much more convincing than my management team

T

tieguy

"You mean by offering a crap contract you take no responsibility in the out come of that contract? Maybe in UPS brainwashing school that makes sense"

Ahhh so your into responsibility. Meanwhile you avoid responsibility for working for an alleged "corrupt" employer by claiming your really serving the customer. Now look at your union. Mob influence. Federal oversight. Your still looking for a president who will retire out of jail much less scandel free. So in fact your accusation that UPS is corrupt means you work for a corrupt company and belong to a corrupt union yet you take no responsibility for any of it. Go Figure.

U

ups_vette

logic:
When you say there was little you could do to prevent the strike, you mean voting YES for a strike authorization was done for the good of your customers?
You must be the only "human on earth" who thinks like that.
May I suggest you change your name to Kid NO Logic, which is more fitting, and much more logical.

D

dannyboy

Guys Guys Guys

I feel the love!

I didnt go because I like the idea of coming home after a hard day at the office, take a shower and all the crud, dirt, and crap washes right off. Dont have to worry about a call at 2AM wanting something from me, or getting me to work 1 Saturday a month. When I leave UPS, my time is my time. As a manager, there is no such thing as your time.

Yes, you can make lots of money working for UPS. But if you are motivated enough to put up with all the BS as a manager, work the long hours, never able to totally leave work at work, then why not start your own business. You can make as much or more that way! the only limmit you have is you!

d

T

tieguy

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Too much risk for me to committ to owning my own business. At the risk of beating a cliche to death each job has its pluses and minuses. In mine I may catch more BS from the boss in yours you may catch more from the customer. Hmmmm no difference at all.

D

dannyboy

Tie

If you take care of the customer, there is no such thing as getting the BS from the customer. Besides, I only spend an average of 45 seconds with the customer, while you get to spend all day with da boss. And you just cant walk off saying i gotta take care of business!

grin.gif

d