Management Pensions

BROWNHOG

Yes. And my retirement benefit sent to me describing my choices documents nothing close to 5400 a month. If i got 4500 a month see ya !!!!!!

BROWNHOG

Used the calculators and got the actual pension print out with amounts..if you consider your multiple choices based on you needs and coverage for your wife..there is still no calculation that shows any difference other than the type of annuity and monthly amount you want to consider...and nothing comes close to 5400 per month.

BROWNHOG

I worked in atlanta on a special assignment. Fresh made cookies went around every day @ 2:30 and no one worked past an 8 hour day unless there was a group meeting, usually followed by some sort of brunch and assorted alcoholic beverages. I needed serious mood altering perscriptions to calm me down and figure out what to do with the other 4 hours i was use to working. I had operations withdrawl and sometimes would sneek over to the hub near by . The doctor ups sent me to had me put 10 different sized boxes in my hotel room. Every night @ 5:00 pm, i'd build a wall..you know cornerstone..filler..large light..smalls on top etc...help me..help me !!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Used the calculators and got the actual pension print out with amounts..if you consider your multiple choices based on you needs and coverage for your wife..there is still no calculation that shows any difference other than the type of annuity and monthly amount you want to consider...and nothing comes close to 5400 per month.

Well, I don't know what to tell you.
​Seems you are close to me in age and tenure and I tracked this from the time I was 55 until 63 and it changed every month.
I put together a spreadsheet to use to compare the changes on a month by month basis.
One column was at 100% (no benefits for wife) and another column for shared benefits.(100% wife).
Are you changing all the dates for input on the calculator?
This seems weird to me.

mg5

Had this discussion on here before. But I think something needs to be considered first. How much one makes to compare with others.

Do you make 6, 7, 8, 9k or higher per month and a 1 or 2 unit management person ? That will change things in the average final compensation.

I remember equation was a certain % up to 56k and a much lower %, times amount above that. This thinking you are 55 and 30 plus years.

The other thing that can make it different is if you were one of people who have monthly pay above the new bands and would not be getting any

raises in next few years. Would not matter in your best 5 in 10. Could be less with lower or no MIP going forward. Maybe some posting were in

the highly compensated range. Who knows. Can't change it. Take it and run !

BROWNHOG

Rumors that the retirement age is going up to 59 and a management buyout is in the works for 55 and older. Anyone heard anything ?