management purposefully putting misloads in the package cars

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by coldworld, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anybody has seen this happen..drivers or loaders..and if so what would be the proper course of action if it could be proven that it was happening.

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

How do you know it was done intentionally...and not by mistake?

3. Coldworld

Just asking a general question if anyone has seen this happen....If a package has no pal label how does it get into your car

4. fres431

fres431 Active Member

If you are getting written up for missed loads just simply tell management that you're not the only one loading the trucks

5. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Doesn't management salt in most every operation? They even do it in feeders.

6. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

Hide the package under a load stand and they will search frantically for the package, tearing down walls looking through bags. Then pull it out when they're not looking and give the most innocent look.

Eventually they will figure it out.

7. Coldworld

Salt yes..but the salts usually don't go out on the cars...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  8. Coldworld

You get to know your loader and the kind of misloads they do have...something out of the ordinary can be sometimes easy to spot. ..

9. bleedinbrown58

Years ago, we were salted daily. I haven't been salted in honestly...3 or 4 years.

10. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

If drivers have questionable delivery practices,(rolling pkgs.,not attempting deliveries, etc.) it is a way to catch a driver for sure.they do salt in all operations though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

They follow this up with check-in audits.

12. bleedinbrown58

But still hard to prove sabotage...

13. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Be thankful Automotive management hasn't attempted this method.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. Ron Carey lives on

Ron Carey lives on Well-Known Member

They salt reasonable misloads that can be delivered by you, without them being missed. No business or excessive miles. Easy fix, sheet everything, call everything in, delivery if reasonable, don't give these stupid sups ammunition for dishonesty

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Never seen it. But I wouldn't be shocked. They would do it to see if driver would message it in

16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

At driver start time PT sups are just throwing everything stacked behind the package car in. Not sure if you can call that an intentional misload or not.

17. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

I've always found it bizarre that mgmt would risk a service failure just to bust somebody

18. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

We had a loader tell us once that a salt had been loaded in a particular package car.
    When they weren't paying attention, we took it and loaded in the car it would be in if it were a legitimate package and it was delivered.
    When it wasn't reported as a misload by the driver they intended to salt, they were waiting like hyenas to bust him on a check-in audit.
    When they couldn't find "the package", they finally asked him if he had come across it?
    He then innocently told them, "I found it before I left and got it in the right truck".
    Management had to go to a local hospital the next day and retrieve the package and explain the next day.
    Priceless.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

They are manufactured, un-billable bar codes.
    Not real packages, no service failure possible.

20. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

How many days have you worked at UPS? UPS is building a case against that driver for a termination that will stick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List